IGNORED

BCTV camera work

boadle

Just signed up so I could watch the Forest game. What the heck is going on with the camera work? It was at times jumpy, out of focus, often pointing at the wrong thing. Then at other times it would be fine and perfectly serviceable. 

Sometimes there was a second camera, closer to the pitch, but not enough that the cuts were of much use.

Replays would often go on for far too long, ending before they got to the important bit because play had restarted.

I appreciate that this is a fairly new service, but if the club is going to continue to charge for it, I suggest the level of professionalism needs to raise a few notches.

I have been banging on about this one since the whole thing started. 

It's the over use of the zoom. There are clearly two cameras in the same place doing the same angles. When they cut between the two, they are both doing a bad job. Zoomed in too far, jerky when they move (because they can't track the ball) then wobbly when trying to find it. 

There are years and years of televised football all over the world to learn your trade from. However this person ignores all of that and dose it there way. 

I posed the question to @AdamB about how much control we have over the production but didn't get a response. 

They just need to zoom out and follow play. 

Stevo

1 hour ago, WayOutWest said:

I have been banging on about this one since the whole thing started. 

It's the over use of the zoom. There are clearly two cameras in the same place doing the same angles. When they cut between the two, they are both doing a bad job. Zoomed in too far, jerky when they move (because they can't track the ball) then wobbly when trying to find it. 

There are years and years of televised football all over the world to learn your trade from. However this person ignores all of that and dose it there way. 

I posed the question to @AdamB about how much control we have over the production but didn't get a response. 

They just need to zoom out and follow play. 

Stevo

Agreed. The operator needs to do a little research into best practices. These problems have already been solved.

Did you see the Gillingham camerawork vs the sags on C5 last night. Makes ours look like the height of professionalism. 

That said, I 100% agree with the comments. It’s not just us though - I always watch the full 90 back of all of our games and some of the camerawork at our away games is equally poor. 

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

Did you see the Gillingham camerawork vs the sags on C5 last night. Makes ours look like the height of professionalism. 

That said, I 100% agree with the comments. It’s not just us though - I always watch the full 90 back of all of our games and some of the camerawork at our away games is equally poor. 

I did and it was awful. It was like he was filming it from someone`s bedroom window outside the ground. It didn`t help that their floodlights looked to be on dimmer switches too.

Archived