IGNORED

Tactics v Manchester

mozo

We don't change a winning formula.

They will be used to teams parking the bus against them so we should be in the front foot from the off and play without fear .

If we win that's terrific. If we lose it's no shame so we should just try to perform to our best and put on a show for the world to see that we are BCFC and proud .

Watching them play against West Brom, they were kinda sluggish and not obviously impressive. 

I know they are miles better than us, but if we start pressing as we usually do, catch em off guard early, we have a chance of doing very well, especially as they're at a low point in confidence, can see them giving up early

4 minutes ago, santibello said:

Watching them play against West Brom, they were kinda sluggish and not obviously impressive. 

I know they are miles better than us, but if we start pressing as we usually do, catch em off guard early, we have a chance of doing very well, especially as they're at a low point in confidence, can see them giving up early

What?

They recently lost to the most in-form team in English top flight football history. Besides that they've won their last two, and are 2nd in the country and through in Europe.

A low point in confidence? Rubbish.

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

Do we persist or adapt?

the usual approach that has worked so well but risk being outclassed?

Or change to a more defensive gameplan and try to frustrate United and catch them at a set-piece? 

This never fails when executed fully:

1. Score n goals, where n>0.

2. Concede n-1 goals.

34 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

What?

They recently lost to the most in-form team in English top flight football history. Besides that they've won their last two, and are 2nd in the country and through in Europe.

A low point in confidence? Rubbish.

They have limped to victory against two poor teams. That have been hit for six by losing to City and watching them in those two games that really shows.

Thus Is a great time to play them and I think Ashton Gate will be an intimidating place for them. Teams who are low on confidence tend to struggle at intimidating grounds. Didn't they lose away against Huddersfield? The same Huddersfield team we smashed last season.

Our best chance is to get right at then from kick off. If we stand off and give them respect then that will let them into the game. We need to set a marker instantly and let them know they are in for a long night. 

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Do we persist or adapt?

Or change to a more defensive gameplan and try to frustrate United and catch them at a set-piece? 

Go at the ####ers! 

We don’t expect to win, or be able to cope when they come at us, but we can certainly give them something to worry about themselves and make them earn a victory. Then who knows...!

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Do we persist or adapt?

Don't believe that we will be outclassed 

No reason to change what works well for us, if Utd play like the did yesterday we will certainly have half a chance

Personally think that if we don't adapt our tactics, we'll get absolutely hammered. I know we're on a high currently but people must remember the difference in class (and cost) of the two squads, and United have already battered a fair few Premier League teams (scored 4 vs West Ham, Everton, Swansea, Moscow, Watford, Newcastle and others). Definitely show what we can do going forward, I'm not suggesting to 'park the bus', but undoubtedly we will need to be slightly more conservative in our attacking play. The way they set up is to counter teams strongly with the pace and power in their team.

Pogba is back from suspension so personally I think he'll play, in order to regain match fitness. We need Korey Smith to be constantly snapping at his ankles, disrupting his flow and stopping him from influencing the game in midfield. Bryan is certainly going to need to help out Magnússon defensively, and the same with Brownhill on the other side. Rashford, Martial, etc. will obviously look to run at our fullbacks so it's important we defend in pairs to stop this happening as much as possible.

We're good at set pieces, and although United are a tall outfit themselves, I personally think they're by far our best way of attacking them. Romero will probably be in goal, and he has never struck me as being a particularly commanding goalkeeper so potentially a chance to make the game difficult for him from corners.

Smalling definitely isn't good with his feet, so I think this is the perfect game for Reid and Taylor to pressure the United back 4, and try to get in behind them. Especially as they'll come out and attack, there could potentially be space in the wide areas if the fullbacks (whoever they may be) push on against us.

Archived