IGNORED

penalty takers???

dunsteral

Who will our 5 (or more) penalty takers be?

Given that we have only scored 4 penalties in 2017 (presumably because that is all we have been awarded), and none of the takers are still with us (abraham x 2, tomlin and cotterill),

we are not exactly blessed with penalty takers in form.  Who do you think will step up to the plate?

Flint who walks on water will probably be willing, patterson (if he is on the pitch), pack, reid,wright  would be my choices but with little confidence.

Hope we dont need them (be positive).

2 hours ago, dunsteral said:

Who will our 5 (or more) penalty takers be?

Given that we have only scored 4 penalties in 2017 (presumably because that is all we have been awarded), and none of the takers are still with us (abraham x 2, tomlin and cotterill),

we are not exactly blessed with penalty takers in form.  Who do you think will step up to the plate?

Flint who walks on water will probably be willing, patterson (if he is on the pitch), pack, reid,wright  would be my choices but with little confidence.

Hope we dont need them (be positive).

Matty Taylor

Although I'm personally not a big fan of left footers taking penalties (yeah, I'm aware it's irrational) I would pick JB before anyone else Great technique and mentality. After him, I would go with whoever feels confident as, to me, that's more important than anything else.

1 hour ago, RED4LIFE said:

Although I'm personally not a big fan of left footers taking penalties (yeah, I'm aware it's irrational) I would pick JB before anyone else Great technique and mentality. After him, I would go with whoever feels confident as, to me, that's more important than anything else.

Statistics prove left footed pens are more successful.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Statistics prove left footed pens are more successful.

Is that as a percentage or less misses by left footers? Obviously, more penalties are taken by right footers than left so the chances of one being missed is higher.

Not arguing at all, just interested as how that stat is reached. I do suspect that it is as a percentage so you are probably right. 

9 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

Is that as a percentage or less misses by left footers? Obviously, more penalties are taken by right footers than left so the chances of one being missed is higher.

Not arguing at all, just interested as how that stat is reached. I do suspect that it is as a percentage so you are probably right. 

Percentage scored vs taken.

8 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Well it couldn't have been Douglas Bader, could it? :whistle:

Someone’s woken up in a comedic mood this morning.  KUTGW

Archived