IGNORED

Well I never...

Kid in the Riot

Just in case you weren't impressed enough as it is with the way we are doing our business on and off the pitch at the moment....the reliable Swiss Ramble reckons our wage bill will again be "one of the lowest once all Championship clubs have reported their 2016/17 accounts"

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/943415184302989312

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just in case you weren't impressed enough as it is with the way we are doing our business on and off the pitch at the moment....the reliable Swiss Ramble reckons our wage bill will again be "one of the lowest once all Championship clubs have reported their 2016/17 accounts"

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/943415184302989312

Sorry, Kid, you must be mistaken: you cannot compete in the Championship unless you have parachute payments, or you are Derby or Leeds. This is what we were told over and over on here last season. As well as that LJ was clueless, and SL was deviant, and Mark Ashton was.....

Admirable what we are delivering at the present time if that's accurate

However it's a subject that's going to cause us problems going forward with keeping players or signing the quality some are wanting

Im sure some don't realise the wages policy when they suggest potential targets, and I'd guess that the current form will have convinced SL that we don't need to pay certain level of wages to succeed

Not saying our ethos is wrong but it will present continual hurdles

A difficult balance 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Admirable what we are delivering at the present time if that's accurate

However it's a subject that's going to cause us problems going forward with keeping players or signing the quality some are wanting

Im sure some don't realise the wages policy when they suggest potential targets, and I'd guess that the current form will have convinced SL that we don't need to pay certain level of wages to succeed

Not saying our ethos is wrong but it will present continual hurdles

A difficult balance 

I think the positive is that we have the space on our wage bill to increase this when we need to. If we were maxed out with the current squad we would struggle to hold on to young players and improve the squad in January.

Archived