IGNORED

‘Half and Half’ scarf sellers....

BerkeleyBAred

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

I despise the bloody things. But now I have kids, if we were going tonight....they'd want one, and I think I'd be obliged to buy it for them. It's a memento for some - I don't like that - but as I get a little older I suppose I see things differently. 

You sir....are a bad parent ;)

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

I despise the bloody things. But now I have kids, if we were going tonight....they'd want one, and I think I'd be obliged to buy it for them. It's a memento for some - I don't like that - but as I get a little older I suppose I see things differently. 

if you were going Resist buying. Your kids will thank you when they're older.

Saw loads of sellers all round the ground before the game, I walked to Sainsbury’s for food and they were every couple of yards. I was surprised to see them just outside the coffee shop and in the fans area, I didn’t think the club allowed them to be on their property. Only saw 2 people wearing them though.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone wearing one instantly gives themselves away as someone who simply has no understanding of the game and its culture.

I understand all that well enough. I bought one as my 7 year old son ask me to buy one. I thought, well, it's not something any of us would wear any other time, but it is a momento of the occasion, it has the date and everything on it. The only thing it doesn't have is the scoreline, which I can stitch in and keep it forever. Glad I bought now. 

2 hours ago, Aizoon said:

Wankpuffins

Has DC turned his attentions to sea-birds as well as dogs now then? ...

Oh well maybe that's what losing 4 -1 on your 40th birthday does to a man in the same week as the team opposite you on the other side of the river knocks Manchester United, the current trophy holders, out of a major domestic Cup competition.  

OMG,  Puffins  ... Dearie dearie me! 

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone wearing one instantly gives themselves away as someone who simply has no understanding of the game and its culture.

Bang on. You know you've got a whalloper when one hoves in to view.

1 minute ago, WhistleHappy said:

Has DC turned his attentions to sea-birds as well as dogs now then? ...

Oh well maybe that's what losing 4 -1 on your 40th birthday does to a man in the same week as the team opposite you on the other side of the river knocks Manchester United, the current trophy holders, out of a major domestic Cup competition.  

OMG,  Puffins  ... Dearie dearie me! 

You’ve never settled for a 6/10’er..? 

Maybe there were just no labradoodle’s about at the time..?!

Archived