IGNORED

Pack v pogba.

redfieldred

1 minute ago, redfieldred said:

Yes but you could argue that smith was responsible for the free kick that led to their goal and was caught in possession on a couple of occasions. You can always find fault if you look for it. With pack I think a lot on here look for fault and are a bit blind to his strengths. 

I know you are using Smith as a hypothetical example

His performance last night was up there with some of the best displays I’ve seen from a midfielder since Gow

Ignore the goal atm, or his first half burst into the Box - %90 of it the dirty work , shutting down space , covering others and nicking possession - watched him closely in first half off the ball and his hole filling and covering all around the pitch was awesome

1 hour ago, redfieldred said:

Yes but you could argue that smith was responsible for the free kick that led to their goal and was caught in possession on a couple of occasions. You can always find fault if you look for it. With pack I think a lot on here look for fault and are a bit blind to his strengths. 

You could also argue that you will not see a softer free kick, it is what I would call a premiership free kick, as soft as shit.

The point with Smith is he probably receives the ball more than any other player because he is almost always appears available and sometimes because of that he receives the ball in a limited amount of space, he is almost always the one who rectifies mistakes made by especially the full backs.

My point with Pack is if LJ gives him a specific task and he sticks to that task, he is a very important player.

19 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You could also argue that you will not see a softer free kick, it is what I would call a premiership free kick, as soft as shit.

The point with Smith is he probably receives the ball more than any other player because he is almost always appears available and sometimes because of that he receives the ball in a limited amount of space, he is almost always the one who rectifies mistakes made by especially the full backs.

My point with Pack is if LJ gives him a specific task and he sticks to that task, he is a very important player.

Imo a ref without PL experience doesn't give that as a foul.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Best view of all a shocking dive.

Hahahahahahaha, absolute state of that mind, best midfielder in the world is he? Bring back players like Gow and Norman Hunter imo. Wouldn't have stood for that kind of shit.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

Hahahahahahaha, absolute state of that mind, best midfielder in the world is he? Bring back players like Gow and Norman Hunter imo. Wouldn't have stood for that kind of shit.

He should be cited for this, it was a clear dive and they scored a goal from his cheating.

To be honest the referee was poor missed a nailed on penalty and allowed Pogba to get away with murder all night.

1 minute ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He should be cited for this, it was a clear dive and they scored a goal from his cheating.

To be honest the referee was poor missed a nailed on penalty and allowed Pogba to get away with murder all night.

Totally agree. Although Mike Dean seemed to buy their diving less and less as the game went on. Proper football getting played - imagine that. Also disallowed a perfectly good goal.

On 20/12/2017 at 18:36, redrob said:

To be fair...... Pack was three yards off Pogba for most of the game. Pack was by a long stretch our weakest player.... followed by Magnússon.

However, take nothing away from our boys....... what a night!

Pack and Magnússon were two of our strongest players all night. If that's the analysis you got from the game you should've sold your ticket to someone who actually wanted to watch the game as you evidently spent too much time staring at your phone or something.

Archived