IGNORED

Joe Bryan and that last ditch tackle!

Spoons

Just now, EmersonsRed said:

Why did you quote a post specifically talking about cup games beginning 'don't forget' then... 

My brain doesn't work to specifics. I was already thinking about that cracker against Swindon to be worried about that. I'm not that literal, I'm afraid. Sorry. 

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The Rovers goal came into my mind straight his goal Wednesday. The lovely move including the dummy by Reid that left him with space to hit a right footed curler, and he hit it tamely straight at the keeper. Imagine the press reaction if he had scored that as well.

Was thinking the same PSR - What a third goal that would have been (Well the second at the time I appreciate) - Great move and if On Joe's Left - Romero would have been in trouble IMHO

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Was thinking the same PSR - What a third goal that would have been (Well the second at the time I appreciate) - Great move and if On Joe's Left - Romero would have been in trouble IMHO

Absolutely agree.

But I have to say we didnt test Romero much.

The saves he did make were pretty comfortable ones.

Joes goal was perfect placement and most goalkeepers would have conceded but I think Romero could have done better with Koreys goal (not complaining mind!)

If I was told one of those goalkeepers was a first choice international and the other was a journeyman making his 3rd(?) start of the season then my guess would have been the opposite to the reality.

A couple of other things with reference to that magnificent tackle.

Firstly he should never have been allowed to make it, because Rashford should have released it earlier to Lukaku who was in.

Then Rashford clattered JB as he played the ball down the touch line, I can almost guarantee that if that was a Prem defender who got clattered he would have rolled around in fake agony for 5 minutes, players from both sides would have had a handbag push and shove, and very likely Rashford would have seen red.

How did JB react, he got up and got on with the game, great to see from one of our own.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Absolutely agree.

But I have to say we didnt test Romero much.

The saves he did make were pretty comfortable ones.

Joes goal was perfect placement and most goalkeepers would have conceded but I think Romero could have done better with Koreys goal (not complaining mind!)

If I was told one of those goalkeepers was a first choice international and the other was a journeyman making his 3rd(?) start of the season then my guess would have been the opposite to the reality.

The one from Mags was probably the best of the bunch. That sat up lovely and he really hit it - it would have been straight through a lot of keepers.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

The one from Mags was probably the best of the bunch. That sat up lovely and he really hit it - it would have been straight through a lot of keepers.

It would, but it's one where if conceded you think the goalkeeper should do better.

It wasnt at a horrible height for Romero, or particularly far from him, but the difficulty was the sheer power.

Steele made 2-3 top class saves- though not sure he made a single save first half!

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The Rovers goal came into my mind straight his goal Wednesday. The lovely move including the dummy by Reid that left him with space to hit a right footed curler, and he hit it tamely straight at the keeper. Imagine the press reaction if he had scored that as well.

Thought the same actually!

On 12/23/2017 at 09:47, BobBobSuperBob said:

Mickey Bell , Brennan and Darren Barnard all had the great habit of scoring some beauties for us , even John Bailey scored a screamer .... albeit once

But Joes goal selection , in terms of quality & importance (Gas , Swindon , United ....) might just have edged ahead I reckon ?

Crewe (a), is that the one, Bob? Won 1-0, IIRC, an absolute thronker of a hit

Walker moved from Spurs to Man City for £50/60 million. Bryan has to be £25/30 million. We are pricing our top rated players to cheap. Same with Flint £30 million. Why not? Patterson looked top class in recent games. Would anyone swop him for Rashford or Martial? Same applies to Baker who has played the best when at Villa and held his own. What about Pack and the way he performed against Man U?

1 hour ago, WECANDO said:

Walker moved from Spurs to Man City for £50/60 million. Bryan has to be £25/30 million. We are pricing our top rated players to cheap. Same with Flint £30 million. Why not? Patterson looked top class in recent games. Would anyone swop him for Rashford or Martial? Same applies to Baker who has played the best when at Villa and held his own. What about Pack and the way he performed against Man U?

There’s a huge difference between doing it consistently in the championship and consistently in the prem...

22 minutes ago, DaveF said:

There’s a huge difference between doing it consistently in the championship and consistently in the prem...

Thats true, but Bryan has outshone every Prem left back we have faced this season and is probably the best LB outside of the Prem.

Add to this he has his best years to come and is our only out and out LB it would take a truly staggering bid for us to sell.

Archived