IGNORED

Legendary United support..?

Bar BS3

I have seen them away at villa before and they were the best away support I have ever seen. I couldn't imagine any way of them being better because everyone was standing and singing throughout. Most of the time they had 2 songs going.

Last night for them must have been like us playing Northampton - you expect to win so mentally you think the team doesn't need the support - so you dont support.

12 hours ago, EmersonsRed said:

Glad I'm not the only one who found it to be bad. 

TV companies have control of sound. I think people watch football and forget that. It's coming from about 30 microphones. Not one. They turn it up and down when they please, when the kop sings they turn it up and mute the away fans... makes for a better viewing atmosphere through the TV.

Watched the game again when I got home last night. The atmosphere from us was brilliant but could hardly hear us on telly but could hear the mancs easy enough. Think you’ve got it spot on. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You’re bang on about this. I’d never seen United live and was of the opinion their away support was unreal. I was expecting us to be totally outsung actually.

Not the case. I sit in the middle of the Dolman so can accurately judge away atmosphere vs our fans. We were far superior last night. 

It seems Sky mic’d up their fans because on the highlights they sound pretty loud. That’s totally misleading and wasn’t the case at the actual game. I’d say if the opposite was true.

On that showing, the likes of Leeds, Sheffield Weds etc have far superior vocal support to United. I was very surprised at theirs. 

Well done to our support - S82 leading the way and much of the rest of the ground following. Great stuff.

6000 of us at Man City should make a racket even if they thrash us.

I am of the same opinion.

The noise at the game was very different to what came over on the telly.

Something  Mark Ashton (or whoever) may want to address with the TV people?

13 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Anfield is one of the biggest myths in world football. Silent.

As a Liverpool fan......

....I tend to agree.

You can hear the players shouting to each other, bizarre.

However, wil say that sat in the Kop on a European night when You’ll Never Walk Alone comes On is something to behold.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As a Liverpool fan......

....I tend to agree.

You can hear the players shouting to each other, bizarre.

However, wil say that sat in the Kop on a European night when You’ll Never Walk Alone comes On is something to behold.

Saw them play Blackburn in the league in the mid 00s, I was really expecting something magical but I felt really disappointed with the atmosphere. I have to bow to your superior knowledge on the European nights stuff, though.

13 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

I am of the same opinion.

The noise at the game was very different to what came over on the telly.

Something  Mark Ashton (or whoever) may want to address with the TV people?

There’s probably a reason why they do it from their point of view.

Might genuinely be to help the majority Man Utd fan TV audience feel more immersed in the game.

It’s a bit annoying though because at the game our support made a fantastic noise. Would be good to have that fairly represented.

I feel sorry for United’s away support, they do at least make much more of an effort than the home fans.

I recall watching their Europa League semi home leg last season - was it against Celta Vigo? - and all you could hear was the away fans. Utterly scandalous for such a massive game.

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Saw them play Blackburn in the league in the mid 00s, I was really expecting something magical but I felt really disappointed with the atmosphere. I have to bow to your superior knowledge on the European nights stuff, though.

I agree, it’s weird how quiet it is.

11 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Been there many times. The Taylor Report changed everything. Did you ever see the Kop singing She loves you? Brilliant  

Was listening to “Meddle” by Pink Floyd the other day (yes, I’m an old hippy stoner) and on one of the tracks they sample YNWA from the Kop. Album came out in ‘72 So was before they swept all before them at home and abroad. Sounds pretty awesome.

3 hours ago, streety_bcfc said:

Wasn't it proven that Sheffield Wednesday had speakers in the stands to enhance the atmosphere? 

Its easily done in regards to microphones. I once went to watch Manchester (freebie from work, nice to see the stadium more than the game) in a box and they piped the Stretford end straight into the boxes, you couldn't even hear them from the other side of the ground. 

If our singing section was mic'd up we'd never hear any of the words in the Dolman.

Archived