IGNORED

Massive credit to Bristol City, the players, and Super Lee Johnson

reddogkev

One of the most incredible nights ever for Bristol City.  Will be talked about for decades, and rightly so, to beat one of the world's biggest clubs in the Quarter Finals is phenomenal.

I recently asked if Aden Flint is a god.  Surely now every member of staff involved last night is worthy of the same status, and perhaps something even higher for King of the Universe, JOE BRYAN!

And Lee Johnson, you sir are a managerial genius.

31 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

I wonder growing up if Lee subconsciously soaked up things about football management from his Dad, over hearing conversations, telephone calls, around the dinner table. It maybe helps in some way to have lived in that environment and know the pressures. 

Surely contiously and subcontiously he must have been soaking it up. Even with my family there is never a day when we don’t discuss something football related amongst us, but to have a Dad as a manager and be a player yourself it was certainly unavoidable. No doubt they all went though the range of emotions, the highest highs and the lowest lows and everything in between, promotions and relegations injuries etc. No doubt the wives and mothers holding things together as that’s what we do.

i really feel although Lee is his own man he he doing it for his Dad as well as himself ( we all need our Dad’s approval don’t we to a certain extent). He is trying to finish the job that Gary didn’t quite manage. It was nice to see him there last night watching from the stands, really nice.

And to Steve Lansdown, who stuck with what and who he believed in last season. 

I know that I should have been having better thoughts last night, but I couldn't help thinking about OTIB this time last season and wondering

a) how many of the "I'll boo" brigade were cheering City last night

b) how many of the 'I'm boycotting City for as long as Johnson is manager' were there last night

c) how many of the people who were hanging up banners and posting personal abuse at LJ had the nerve to turn up last night

We really seem to have something special being built at City now, and the self belief that SL and LJ showed to stick with it last season is going to prove massive for the club.

Archived