IGNORED

City will finish in the top 2 this season

reddogkev

7 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I wasn't going to post this today, thought I'd hold until we see off QPR, but interested to hear opinions.

I'm sure City will finish in the automatic spots.  With everything happening this season, it feels like a promotion campaign, and sometimes just believing is half the battle.

Despite the obnoxious Warnock factor, Cardiff don't have enough quality to remain in the top spots; Derby seem a serious threat but have been destroyed by us once this season and are susceptible to losses of form; whereas Villa are inconsistent and don't share our immense team spirit.

All the ingredients are there for us to finish top 2, and if we play like we did last night against Wolves in a week's time, perhaps we can challenge for the top.

COME ON CITY, THIS IS OUR TIME!

Think you should have held off until we see if leg weariness now costs us 3 pts at QPR, still a big concern for me. Whether we can recover from high intensity games and still do the business in the league will be key to any dreams of making top two, given we have 2 more high intensity games to come and then recover from in Jan now. 

Saturday will tell us, collect 3 pts and your optimism will seem much more likely to come true.

19 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

And look where we are even being ' threadbare' ! , doesn't it suggest that we can get even better with a fully fit squad and one or two additions ?

It does on paper, you would think that 'new' additions will bolster the squad, and it should. But the current team have gelled so well any more than a couple of changes might be enough.  We are playing as a team that everyone understands their roles, as was perfectly demonstrated Wednesday, rarely have I seen such a cohesive City team. But the bench didn't look as strong as it could be.

50 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

Time will tell. We've played all of the top-8 and can't say that any of the self-proclaimed 'quality' teams has concerned me too much at this stage. 

You beat us fair-and-square, but I thought it was pretty even until the dismissal so hard to gauge too much from that. We've won 5 and drawn 1 against the other 6. Business -half is when you find out though so who knows, I certainly wouldn't make any bold predictions.

Cracking performance and result for you the other night btw.

You have some quality players and a manager whose been there and done it and will squeeze the best out of them

Going to be tough to try and overtake IMHO

Whats happening in BS3 both the fun of the short term and looking for reward is extremely exciting and energising though ;)

22 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I don't believe that anyone in the club is getting carried away. In fact, listen to the post match interview with Joe Bryan and he said at least twice that we've got a game on Saturday. Just beaten Man U but already thinking about QPR.

The interview with Josh said the same. In the changing room they were all talking about QPR

My mate at Loftus says their fans would be happy with a draw after watching the tele on Wednesday

58 minutes ago, Keyardiv said:

Time will tell. We've played all of the top-8 and can't say that any of the self-proclaimed 'quality' teams has concerned me too much at this stage. 

You beat us fair-and-square, but I thought it was pretty even until the dismissal so hard to gauge too much from that. We've won 5 and drawn 1 against the other 6. Business -half is when you find out though so who knows, I certainly wouldn't make any bold predictions.

Cracking performance and result for you the other night btw.

The form of Cardiff and Bristol Cities (not forgetting Derby) makes you realise that even Wolves cannot take their eyes off the ball for one minute.

Blink and you're out of contention 

We're bang in form- what is it, 9 wins in 11 in all comps??  Only 3 losses all season in all competitions, not one of them v a PL side. Unbeaten away from home since the loss at Birmingham since August and playing great football to boot- that's the positives!

However, Cardiff do have a good, experienced manager and yeah some good players. I certainly see us as a better footballing side than them, I think we all do, but there's more than one way to win as they are showing. The problem is the gap leaves us little margin for error, which brings a pressure of its own.

To put into perspective, if Cardiff win on Saturday- and they play Bolton so may well do- that's 50 points from 23 games...extrapolated and taken forward that's 100 points. Yet, it's not even top spot! (The potential 50 pts I mean)

Thought I'd bring this thread back now to see what we all think.

Only 2 points off of second, and if we can bring this form into the rest of the league season, surely this is on the cards.

I was utterly deflated after losing to Villa by 5 goals, but now I feel like a man restored and back us to do it!

7 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Only 2 points off of second, and if we can bring this form into the rest of the league season, surely this is on the cards.

I was utterly deflated after losing to Villa by 5 goals, but now I feel like a man restored and back us to do it!

I said in a thread before the game discussing the score line, all I wanted tonight was a performance that will give us a boost in the league.

Tonight we did that, and then some.

We don’t need to fear any team in this division - the players will believe they can get 2nd now and they’ll have the chance against Derby soon to make a massive claim on it.

19 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

It all depends if we can strengthen or get players back soon. It is to much to ask the same 11 players to perform week in week out (though we have a quality addition in Walsh it seems). Our bench just does not have the ability to give us options, or the strength to rest players, they are probably a year or two away from being the next Bryan's / Paterson's etc which is great for squad development but a pain when we need quality now. 

Archived