IGNORED

Players improve at City

Major Isewater

Players improve at City .

All credit must go to the coaching and recruitment staff as we take potential and turn it into full value .

So many players have come on in leaps and bounds here , Bryan , Reid , Paterson ...

I don't think there is one ' young ' player who has regressed since signing for the club. I don't include GON , Golbourne and Hegeler in this as they should be at their peaks.

Even the players out on loan are learning and growing into their careers. 

This is definitely the way forward for us as a club and a joy to watch as these players grow and develop.

It should also give us an advantage over other clubs when trying to sign these talented youngsters .

The future is so bright I have to wear two pairs of Ray bans. 

:cool2:

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Players improve at City .

All credit must go to the coaching and recruitment staff as we take potential and turn it into full value .

So many players have come on in leaps and bounds here , Bryan , Reid , Paterson ...

I don't think there is one ' young ' player who has regressed since signing for the club. I don't include GON , Golbourne and Hegeler in this as they should be at their peaks.

Even the players out on loan are learning and growing into their careers. 

This is definitely the way forward for us as a club and a joy to watch as these players grow and develop.

It should also give us an advantage over other clubs when trying to sign these talented youngsters .

The future is so bright I have to wear two pairs of Ray bans. 

:cool2:

I totally agree but sometimes there is an element of right club, right time too - the best example we have here is Pato I think.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I totally agree but sometimes there is an element of right club, right time too - the best example we have here is Pato I think.

Paterson has always had top technical ability - Remember him well coming through at Walsall and followed his career a bit

However he now works harder and plays as a team player more than at any previous point in his career

3 factors I'd suggest

* The excellent use of analysis by LJ and staff (Lee recall used him as an example of analysis and coaching at the Q&A)

* Patterson attitude in listening to this and the coaching - suggests a respect for Lee and coaching staff so credit to them

* Team / squad spirit - Patterson recently alluded to the spirit and has been photographed on the trips to Vegas etc - when you're playing with mates you find that bit extra effort wise

4 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Where does Engval and Moore fit in with this? On the whole though I agree. If you're young, enthusiastic, want to learn and improve, we have to be right up there at the moment. 

Engvall is simply a case of not settling in a new country, or so it seems. Tayor moore is still very young and there is time yet. I think the glimpses we have seen would suggest he is going to become a decent player, so long as he maintains the right attitude.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Paterson has always had top technical ability - Remember him well coming through at Walsall and followed his career a bit

However he now works harder and plays as a team player more than at any previous point in his career

3 factors I'd suggest

* The excellent use of analysis by LJ and staff (Lee recall used him as an example of analysis and coaching at the Q&A)

* Patterson attitude in listening to this and the coaching - suggests a respect for Lee and coaching staff so credit to them

* Team / squad spirit - Patterson recently alluded to the spirit and has been photographed on the trips to Vegas etc - when you're playing with mates you find that bit extra effort wise

Also, when he signed Paterson said it was because Lee would let him play his natural game - he had been somewhat pigeonholed as a winger when he is an all round attacking player imo -, which suggests he trusted Lee from the start.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

3 factors I'd suggest

7 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Also, when he signed Paterson said it was because Lee would let him play his natural game - he had been somewhat pigeonholed as a winger when he is an all round attacking player imo -, which suggests he trusted Lee from the start.

The thing with Pato going by what fans of former clubs (particularly Forest) is that they knew there was a good player in there and when it came through he was a world beater. There did also seem to be suggestions that he did tend to lose focus a bit and didn`t turn it on often enough though. I think now that he has made some decisions (possibly with advice from others) about what he really wants and we are reaping the benefit of that.

He`s always been a popular lad with the rest of the squads he`s been involved with - Britt Assombalonga was on twitter when we bought him saying he was gutted he`d left Forest - but are our management perhaps the first that have sat him down and asked him how he wants to play and how he sees himself rather than just telling him to get out there and play wide left or whatever and then bollocking him when he drifts in or something.

Archived