IGNORED

All The Best Louis

GrahamC

Although I doubt that you read this forum, otherwise you'd have read the mindless nonsense posted in the last few weeks "he won't get an offer from any other league club" being one classic from someone who obviously hadn't ever played the game at all.

Louis, you are a consistent, quality defender (PFA select team last year, member of meanest defence in Nationwide)who contributed far more to this club than any of the journeyman wasters who have passed through during your time here.

All the best in Div One Louis (or the Championship if you like) you deserve it, mate.

And who are you to go passing comment on other forum members???

Carey has shown he doesnt care one bit about the club, if he had he would have resigned ages ago!

Carey was ok bu nothing special!

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Carey has shown he doesnt care one bit about the club, if he had he would have resigned ages ago!

You have to look at it from both angles though mate,, people are angry at him and they have every right to be, as he is looked at as unloyal, but on the other hand after 9 years being at the club, he has got nowhere with club and he is not getting any younger and wants a stab at the big time before its too late.. :D

Well said, Sipowicz, the fella was a star. He'll be sorely missed.

Proof, if any were needed, that Tinnion's been brought in as a cheap option who won't, as more experienced managers would, complain that there's no dosh to pay decent wages to good, loyal members of the squad.

Oh how I'm looking forward to next season!

Although I doubt that you read this forum, otherwise you'd have read the mindless nonsense posted in the last few weeks "he won't get an offer from any other league club" being one classic from someone who obviously hadn't ever played the game at all.

Louis, you are a consistent, quality defender (PFA select team last year, member of meanest defence in Nationwide)who contributed far more to this club than any of the journeyman wasters who have passed through during your time here.

All the best in Div One Louis (or the Championship if you like) you deserve it, mate.

Agree Sip. Key player in the meanest defence last season.

In the 1997/98 promotion season, Louis played as a sweeper alongside Shaun Taylor and I could see what a really good player he was, I'm suprised Premiership clubs haven't been after him. He endured season after season with us, excelling in one-on-one situations and being so prominent at the back or on the right flank, and in my opinion was under-rated.

In the 1997/98 promotion season, Louis played as a sweeper alongside Shaun Taylor and I could see what a really good player he was, I'm suprised Premiership clubs haven't been after him. He endured season after season with us, excelling in one-on-one situations and being so prominent at the back or on the right flank, and in my opinion was under-rated.

His libero runs runs from the centre of defence absolutely dumfounded defences too. They could never handle that. If Richard Dryden could play in the Prem then it should be a breeze for Carey.

It's strange, I really didn't think Louis would leave, didn't even consider it really, and now he has, I probably fell more gutted than when any other has left, even Scotty last year. I think he's the sort of player you only really value when he's gone.

MRDC what do u mean Louis Carey "has shown he doesnt care one bit about the club"?

The guy has played 371 games for the club! How can you possible say he doesnt care? This would have been a huge desicion for him and one that he will not have taken lightly. I bet the offer from Coventry has been on the table for a while, Louis still had all those meeting with Steve L to try and stay at the club. Don't forget he is 27 now, the kind of age where he keeds to be looking to maximise his earnings from the game.

We have to say fair enough, thanks Louis and wish him all the best.

As has previously been mentioned, the fact that we are switching to 3-5-2 means that we dont have to rush out to find a new rightback. Scott will be occupping the place on the right handside so Louis would have been competing for one of the three centre back spots. An area we are lucky to have a few players in. This should hopefully give Clayton Fortune his chance at the back and Kevin Amankwaah can be cover for Mr Murray.

I would have liked to see Louis stay but it won't be the end of the world for the team and I'm sure Tins and the boys will have a good season!

Carey has been a class player for the club and a professional, just look at the guys history at AG, he's been a constant performer season after season and is highly regarded by many (Peter Reid) no jokes please :D

I think we should thank him and wish him luck, after all he's been offered a lot more money and a chance to play at a higher level, you can't blame the guy really.

don't confuse disloyality with ambition mrdc.

Good riddance as far as i'm concerned. The guy improved a lot over the last few years bt at least Kev will now be given a chance. I know he has moved to 'further his career' but at the end of the day we have got nothing for him & find that pretty hard to take given our current financial status. Matty Hill was the only player i was worried about re-signing. If players dont want to play for us then goodbye

Guest shakespeare red

At last a thread that I agree with on this forum, I very rarely post on here, but spend a lot of reading in amazement,the total nonesense that get posted on here. None more so than the endless threads slagging off Carey, The bloke was one of the most reliable defenders we've had down the ground in the eighteen years Ive been watching them, his all round game is quality, he gets forward well for a full back, the only reason we made the play offs last year was down to the amount of goals we didnt conceed, and yet Ive been reading about how over rated he is, in camparison to most of the #### weve had down there over the years he is far from over rated.

good luck to you louis, you deserved a better deal from City! they would obviously prefer to continue to waste money on more nonsense signings.

Simply not going to slag any City players off new or old aswe do have a new season coming up. I do want to say good bye and good luck Louis. From the sounds of it you got a bit of a raw deal which is a shame. Me mate's got a box at Coventry so might have to pop down to see how you're getting on.

Good luck to Carey. People slag you off to go for more money but I understand. Murray was OK to do it and so should you.

Bristol City are much weaker at the back and I for one will miss the surging runs from the back.

MM

Louis, you are a consistent, quality defender (PFA select team last year, member of meanest defence in Nationwide)

What a load of rubbish, with all due respect, we had the meanest defence because our "wonder plan" at the start of the season was to bore our way out of the division by defending, defending, defending, geting the odd goal and then straight back to defending. - This was offical policy and admitted to in public by SL who stated "not comfortable about it, but maybe we need to learn from the likes of Wigan / Rotherham and bore our way out"

Yes he was part of it, but most teams who turn up at Aston Gate in this div, come with a mindset to defend and look for a draw, so there was little surprise to me that we concided few goals....

The reason we are playing the likes of frigging Torquay and Doncaster next year is thanks to a total lack of goals as a direct result of these negitive tactics.

Not blaming Louis for this, but niether do I give him much credit for the few goals against, for most parts of our games he had 10 other defenders with him!!

good luck L.C. thanks for playing for :D;)

you lost out on a testimonial next season.

as scotty found out the grass is not always greener on the

other side but hope it is for you.

one thing that annoys us is that we lost out on a fee and

sell on clause.

good luck L.C. thanks for playing for  :D  ;)

you lost out on a testimonial next season.

as scotty found out the grass is not always greener on the

other side but hope it is for you.

one thing that annoys us is that we lost out on a fee and

sell on clause.

I promise you one thing, Louis Carey will NEVER attract a fee from any club, he is a free transfer player..

I think that Carey has had very few bad games over the last few seasons and is a solid if unspectacular signing for Cov. After 350+ first team appearances for City I think that its fair to say that he owes the club nothing and I wish him all the best for next season.

Looking forward this will be a good opportunity for some of our youngsters. Lets all hope they make the grade.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Good luck Mr Carey, you've been here awhile and have done your time.

Maybe if you'd been part of a side that could gain promotion you'd be getting the money you wanted at Bristol City, rather than blaming everyone but yourself.

cant believe everyone blaming him...

I dont, and i didnt blame murray for doing exactly the same last season...

I rate him highly, a quality right back who will do a good job in the championship.

Call him greedy all you want, I'm a bristolian, but got offered a uni place and a job in London for more money - so guess where I'm living..

Guest chrissie

Would you accept a wage cut from a company you've worked with for 9 years? - No I doubt it, so why should a footballer.Louis Carey has been a loyal player who is entitled to think of his future after being let down by his club. Leave him alone and grow up! I for one wish him well and think he will be sadly missed at Ashton Gate.

Guest chrissie

Suicidalred

Would you accept a wage cut from a company you've worked with for 9 years? - No, I doubt it, so why should a footballer? Louis Carey has been a loyal player who is entitled to think of his future after being let down by his club. He obviously found this decision hard because of his loyalty to the club as he has tried to work something out with the Chairman. Leave him alone and grow up. I for one wish him luck and think he will be sadly missed at Ashton Gate.

I am genuinely split 50-50 between the following two responses :

1. On the one hand - best of luck Louis, you made a few mistakes but never gave less than 100%, so thanks for that.

2. On the other hand, with particular regard to the manner in which you left - Eff off Louis, and shut the door on your way out, there's a good chap.

Archived