IGNORED

Another good article. This time from tomorrow’s opponents.

Nuno Gomes

10 minutes ago, Nuno Gomez said:

Another very good written piece. It sounds crazy but I think I was more comfortable when we were flying under the radar. Now everyone is pulling out stats that support an amazing half season and announce us as the next big thing.  My decades of supporting City have shown me it is never this straightforward.

I would love to still be where we are (or higher) by May but we're just one or two injuries away from a very weakened position. Pisano, Diedhiou and O'Dowda prove that those injuries can happen at any time. Djuric's problems show that even long lay-offs don't guarantee a return to fitness.

We had Woodrow cup tied on Wednesday but seeing Garita named as a sub is a measure of how paper thin the squad is. No disrespect to the lad as he seems like a great character.

All of the articles since Wednesday night have told the world how good we are. I don't think anyone outside of BCFC realises how little back-up we currently have. We now go into the busy Christmas period and have two unexpected extra fixtures against one of the best football teams in the world. A major test of fitness for our remaining healthy players.

We're in a brilliant place right now but as fans we need to be careful not to get carried away with the hype - at least until we've signed four internationals in the January window! :D

20 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

From the article.

'If they go up it will be the fifth season in a row that a team has reached the quarter finals of the League Cup and won promotion from the Championship in the same season.'

If we go up it will be the third time in a row (and out of three) that Bristol City have been promoted the season after I had a season ticket.

Archived