IGNORED

Ratings

old_eastender

where 6 is decent display...

Frankie - 8 - Made several really good stops, no chance with their goal, distribution a bit poor at times.

Wright - 6 - Did his job well enough.

Flint - 6 - Gave everything as usual, a real nuisance when moved up front.

Baker - 6 - Some dodgy moments, some excellent blocks. Should of scored in first half, when blazed over from 6 yards.

Bryan - 6 - Never managed a real forward threat, but partly down to poor link-up with Kelly.

Kelly - 6 - Defensively sound, did well when exposed a couple of times, just did not forge link up play with JB down LHS.

Brownhill - 7 - Usual busy display and so unlucky with shot that came back off inside of post.

Smith - 7 - Here there and every where, a couple of decent attempts on goal too.

Taylor - 7 - For me only City player doing well in final third in 1st half, as usual found space but had precious little support.

Reid - 6 - Would have been a 5, except for scoring Pen. Not at his best today, despite usual chasing down, poor control on a number of times lost us possession.

Leko - 3 - Just a passenger for much of the time, should have been subbed off at HT.

Subs:

Pack - 8 - Made a huge difference when he came on and Brownhill went RHS in place of Leko.

Mags - 7 - Offered good support going forward, usual dangerous long throws.

Woodrow - 4 - One shocking miss putting it over from 1 yard out, another poor miss after good turn in the box that I reckon Taylor would have buried.

Honestly think if LJ has bought Pack on at HT in place of Leko, we might have had time to win this game.

Today we showed exactly what we are all about this season, last season that was a nailed on defeat, I believed at halftime bring on Pack and shore up midfield and there was something in the game for us. We battered them for most of the 2nd half, their keeper was their MOM and kept them in the game.

I am as proud tonight as I was on Wednesday night, a lot of good teams will lose at QPR.

Fielding 7 Only his distribution marks him down a mark every time, played well again.

Wright 6 Was steady all game, strong and confident.

Flint 9 The man is a club legend, whatever went wrong in the summer I don’t know but my god he always puts in a full bloodied shift every time he puts the shirt on, he gave their defence a torrid time and did not look out of place as a big target man. MOM.

Baker 7 Solid all through the game, the first half chance came at him too fast, I don’t think any of our team would have scored.

Kelly 5 Caught in possession too much and passing was poor, but he is young and an obvious talent and he is good in the air.

Brownhill 7 His attitude is just fantastic, he never allows mistakes to bother him, he just gets on with it, all action great engine.

Smith 7 Not at his best and missed Pack today, but he is always available to receive passes and to cover mistakes by others, another with a great engine.

Bryan 6 Improved after Kelly went off and he went to the right, I think he was restricted going forward by covering for Kelly.

Taylor 7 His link up play is great, he has great vision, suffered from poor service.

Leko 3 Poor, poor, poor, he needs to step up and fast, very disappointing.

Reid 6 Another not at his best, but his energy, harrying and midfield cover is as always impressive and confident with his penalty.

Pack 8 Was excellent gave us the midfield supremacy we lacked for an hour, if he adheres to his instructions he is a valuable player.

Magnússon 7 Steadied the ship at left back and looking better going forward.

Woodrow 6 Two presentable chances and never hit the target with either, but what he did give us was a physical presence against a weakening defence already roughed up by Flint.

LJ 9 I suspect Pack was benched because he is nearing a suspension, I suspect Patterson (who would have been tailor made for todays game) is probably tired after a longish lay off and Magnússon is probably still feeling his hamstring, so I can fully understand the changes today with a busy Christmas/new year period coming up.

The substitutions were perfect and gave us a foothold in the game and to be fair in the 2nd half there was only one team going to win it.

This was a great point and fully deserved.

18 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Today we showed exactly what we are all about this season, last season that was a nailed on defeat, I believed at halftime bring on Pack and shore up midfield and there was something in the game for us. We battered them for most of the 2nd half, their keeper was their MOM and kept them in the game.

I am as proud tonight as I was on Wednesday night, a lot of good teams will lose at QPR.

Fielding 7 Only his distribution marks him down a mark every time, played well again.

Wright 6 Was steady all game, strong and confident.

Flint 9 The man is a club legend, whatever went wrong in the summer I don’t know but my god he always puts in a full bloodied shift every time he puts the shirt on, he gave their defence a torrid time and did not look out of place as a big target man. MOM.

Baker 7 Solid all through the game, the first half chance came at him too fast, I don’t think any of our team would have scored.

Kelly 5 Caught in possession too much and passing was poor, but he is young and an obvious talent and he is good in the air.

Brownhill 7 His attitude is just fantastic, he never allows mistakes to bother him, he just gets on with it, all action great engine.

Smith 7 Not at his best and missed Pack today, but he is always available to receive passes and to cover mistakes by others, another with a great engine.

Bryan 6 Improved after Kelly went off and he went to the right, I think he was restricted going forward by covering for Kelly.

Taylor 7 His link up play is great, he has great vision, suffered from poor service.

Leko 3 Poor, poor, poor, he needs to step up and fast, very disappointing.

Reid 6 Another not at his best, but his energy, harrying and midfield cover is as always impressive and confident with his penalty.

Pack 8 Was excellent gave us the midfield supremacy we lacked for an hour, if he adheres to his instructions he is a valuable player.

Magnússon 7 Steadied the ship at left back and looking better going forward.

Woodrow 6 Two presentable chances and never hit the target with either, but what he did give us was a physical presence against a weakening defence already roughed up by Flint.

LJ 9 I suspect Pack was benched because he is nearing a suspension, I suspect Patterson (who would have been tailor made for todays game) is probably tired after a longish lay off and Magnússon is probably still feeling his hamstring, so I can fully understand the changes today with a busy Christmas/new year period coming up.

The substitutions were perfect and gave us a foothold in the game and to be fair in the 2nd half there was only one team going to win it.

This was a great point and fully deserved.

Pack is having a great season . Very much the unsung hero . Added muscle and good passing when he came on and Maggers is improving every game imo 

Just now, Redstreet said:

Pack is having a great season . Very much the unsung hero . Added muscle and good passing when he came on and Maggers is improving every game imo 

His season has improved post Hull, where he was subbed at halftime and I suspect he had the riot act read to him because he could easily have been sent off in that game, he came back into the Middlesborough game with a bang and appeared to be playing in a set role.

Pack is at his best for us when LJ gives him a defined role and he sticks to that role.

33 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Never seen Leko play well so far, he’s way too wasteful with the ball .I don’t think he’s good enough for the championship at the moment, maybe he needs to be loaned out to a division 1 team instead?

Derby at home we was unplayable IMO, and he started that game after impressing off the bench the week previous.

Has failed to recapture those heights, but there’s is clearly a player in there, just needs some confidence and arm around him perhaps.

40 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Never seen Leko play well so far, he’s way too wasteful with the ball .I don’t think he’s good enough for the championship at the moment, maybe he needs to be loaned out to a division 1 team instead?

Once we get players back and bring a few in , can’t see him making the squad.

Whilst injury and fatigue is an obvious reason for the team selection, it occurs to me that LJ may have picked kelly, Leko (rather than Eliasson), and then woodrow late on to evaluate them regarding loans before the Jan window opens. With Mags improving at LB with bryan there too, he may be deciding if Kelly should go out on loan for the rest of the season, or if he can make the grade here with us this season as LB cover with mags as the main LB, allowing bryan to push up into midfield on a more permanent basis. Perhaps he is also considering whether to get either a couple or several loans in, but wanted to give leko and woodrow one last chance before sending them home to replace with additional loans/recalling others. We certainly do need more bodies with this season’s attrition.

Flint scored an OG (that was going in anyway) and was still the MOM. The heart of the man is exceptional. How Leko can sit in the same changing room with him I do not know. Leko was abject today. 

Pack steadied the ship, calm and collected and just did a real professional job. Same for Magnússon, he’s grown into this season and looked a big improvement on the largely nervous and poor Kelly.

In all a good point rescued.

Just got back.

First half, though we were second best really. Got mugged to often in midfield. Having said that, a half of very few chances. As for the goal, kind of ball that Flint has headed away all year. Thought to be honest their forward nudged him in the back with his challenge a bit meaning he got under the ball, but overall QPR just about deserved it. Half time thinking we were most likely going to lose and had run out of puff after midweek.

Second half we were well on top, and came away a bit disappointed we had not nicked it. Equally the penalty was unncecessary from their persective. Just our turn today to go close as well as hit the post.

Kelly. OK, but not really ready yet still this level. Mags much better when he came on. Leko really offered nothing, just seemed to want to be a team of one. After Derby thought we had a good one here. Whatever coaching he is getting, he is not listening. He will find himself dropping down the leagues very quickly if he is not prepared or able to learn. Given everyone fit would have rather started with the five in midfield and Reid alone and bought Taylor on later, but both worked hard. Woodrow I actually thought did ok, got in some decent positions, but really had to finish one of his chances. Couple of times however him and Reid were making exactly the same run. So much more comfortable shape wise with Pack and Mags.

Came away feeling we really have very little on the bench now, and outside our first eleven in terms of what is left are just about hanging in their until January and we equally get some players back. We need them.

Also forgotten how much I hated the QPR 'away end'. 

The subs made a huge difference today and thankfully meant we came away with a point.  If CW had taken his chances it would have been another win.

All things considered a point away at QPR is OK. At half time I certainly would have settled for a draw, in the final 10 minutes think we could have (and arguably should have) won it.  

What great away support again today.

Let’s hope that Pato’s hammy isn’t going to rule him out.

Archived