IGNORED

Am I the only one to rate Woodrow?

hoxton casual

7 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

I'd guess expectation is that  Woodrow - being fairly experienced at this level - should perform better from the off without any settling period.

Agree in terms of understanding the league, pace etc, however remember LJ saying that players have to learn lots of things to fit in to his tesm’s wwy If playing. Can’t remember exactly which player he was referring to but it was detail like “learning the pressing triggers” that takes a bit of time. 

34 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Nobody's actually seen enough of Woodrow to have any idea what he's capable of in the long term.  If you judge him before you've seen him have a good run of a dozen or more games in the starting XI, you're just guessing.

Spot on,we can only judge of what we seen so far and finishing isn't his strong point 

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Spot on,we can only judge of what we seen so far and finishing isn't his strong point 

Yes but based on v hull I would have said he couldn't hold the ball up. Today he did that well. So maybe a bit like mags in that   he could improve with more game time. I don't think he'll get it though. Think he'll go in Jan. 

The fact he hasn't played a lot suggest LJ thinks he's not consistently up to the standard, he did alright today when he came on, but given his big opportunity at Hull I thought he was dreadful, I would have thought he would want more regular football so would possibly move on in Jan (if all parties agree etc) 

We haven't seen enough of Woodrow to make a decision.

He fluffed two chances yesterday but he was in the position to miss so it's a positive cancelling out a negative for me.

We have this debate so often on OTIB that I would have thought that people would be more patient with the newcomers.

" Matt Smith is awful " " When to admit your 5 million pound striker is misfiring " two classic examples .

Mags came in for a lot of criticism but now is being hailed as some sort of footballing superstar.

Trust our recruitment and coaching staff we don't get it wrong very often now.

Havent we written off the whole current squad at some point. I remember Bryan, Odowda and Pack being written off last season? I will stick my neck out and say Woodrow is the only natural striker we have and maybe that is the problem. Maybe Lee wants something different?  We still are not scoring enough goals, to go with the rest of the performance we give currently.

Archived