IGNORED

Ratings

old_eastender

7 minutes ago, Paddy31 said:

(where 6 is a decent performance)

Fielding: 7 - good keeping but distribution still needs work

Wright: 7 - might have given a 6 as I didn't think he did much going forward, but he looked steady in defence

Baker: 6.5 - was it just me that thought he looked like he was struggling a bit in the first half?

Flint: 9 - immense! my MOTM. I'd give a 10 if his passing had been more accurate

Mags: 7 - looked solid in all areas

Bryan : 7 - more successful tackles than any other player on the pitch, but quieter in attack than he can be

Pack: 7 - aggressive but controlled and his passing was accurate

Brownhill: 9 - on the ball more than any other and as influential as I

Smith: 7 - solid, but not spectacular

Reid: 7 - tidy enough with the ball and worked hard without

Taylor: 5 - always willing but didn't seem effective to me.

SUBS

Pato: 8 - changed the game when he came on

Woodrow: 6 - some good passes/through balls but also lost the ball a fair bit

Kelly: 7 - scored, and so totally deserves a 7

For them, I thought McShane was really good at the back and they were well set up to defend and play on the break, but I thought they were overpowered in the second half. We did create good shooting opportunities and looked fitter, stronger and better than them as the game wore on.

Much more like it. Agree with the above.

Pack is instrumental to the way we play and often we don’t tick unless it’s him at the heartbeat. Clever with and without the ball. If he had pace he wouldn’t be here. 

Players worked hard again today. Cannot knock there effort. Would love to know who topped the distance charts today... Bobby Reid must be in the top 3. 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Fielding - 6 - Two really good saves, back to his worst with kicks.

Wright - 6 - Steady display

Baker - 6 - Solid enough until coming off with injury

Flint - 7 - Won everything at the back

Mags - 6 - A couple of dodgy moments but generally effective

Bryan - 6 - Didn't really get the service to threaten too much today

Pack - 5 - Really thought he might get send off 2nd half but showed good restraint. A bit slow and guilty of the odd misplaced pass.

Brownhill - 5 - A couple of forward forays, but well off from his usual game. Should have done so much better in rare first half break, when he pushed the ball too far in front of himself, also terrible play to gift them possession from our FK which led to Pack taking a yellow for stopping their break.

Smith - 7- Pick of our midfield, battled for all 94 mins.

Reid - 5 - Wasteful, should of scored when put through, had a couple of other half-chances where he should have got shot off but didn't.

Taylor - 5 - Decent first half, except missing the target completely with free header. 2nd half started to gift possession away, rightly subbed.

SUBS

Pato - 7 - Started to join up our play and very composed finish to pass the ball into top corner. Really hope is hamstring is OK, but didn't look good when he went down.

Woodrow - 5 - Huff 'n' puff, passed on one chance to have a shot and passed to Reid who delayed and chance was gone.

Kelly - ? - Only on for 4 minutes so can't really rate, despite getting 2nd goal.

Overall, a great result but a below par performance. Luckily Reading were poor, especially in final 3rd. We will need to play much better in coming games to keep getting results.

Brownhill 5 what the hell were you watching

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Pack - 5 - Really thought he might get send off 2nd half but showed good restraint. A bit slow and guilty of the odd misplaced pass.

Brownhill - 5 - A couple of forward forays, but well off from his usual game. Should have done so much better in rare first half break, when he pushed the ball too far in front of himself, also terrible play to gift them possession from our FK which led to Pack taking a yellow for stopping their break.

Reid - 5 - Wasteful, should of scored when put through, had a couple of other half-chances where he should have got shot off but didn't.

Taylor - 5 - Decent first half, except missing the target completely with free header. 2nd half started to gift possession away, rightly subbed.

SUBS

Pato - 7 - Started to join up our play and very composed finish to pass the ball into top corner. Really hope is hamstring is OK, but didn't look good when he went down.

Woodrow - 5 - Huff 'n' puff, passed on one chance to have a shot and passed to Reid who delayed and chance was gone.

Kelly - ? - Only on for 4 minutes so can't really rate, despite getting 2nd goal.

Overall, a great result but a below par performance. Luckily Reading were poor, especially in final 3rd. We will need to play much better in coming games to keep getting results.

Thought Woodrow was good when he come on. Looked a better player then Taylor, wouldn't mind seeing him with a bit of confidence. I reckon there is a very good footballer in there!

5 hours ago, old_eastender said:

SUBS

For me (and not having a go either, just see things differently)

Flint 8

Magnússon 8 - getting better and better (for other posters on this thread, Flint doesnt alway head it 30 yard forward to one of our players!  Just saying!!)

Brownhill 6.5

Pack 6

Woodrow 6.5 (huff and puff?  Got more change out of McShane and Moore than either Reid or Taylor, but too much unconscious bias on here.  He’s the new Magnússon in the ratings) plus he set up the ball to Brownhill that forced the save for Kelly’s goal, yet you focussed on the negative of his pass to Reid, when Reid delayed (not Woodrow).

Kelly 3 for the kicks into the stand :P

Kelly 10 for the goal :P

42 minutes ago, mozo said:

Brownhill was brilliant. Korey really hard working. 

Pack should have been sent off. Not only was it a foul, it was a handball too!

My angle wasn’t the greatest, but I gave Pack benefit of doubt.  Thought he slid in a straight line, got a bit of the ball, whereas the Reading player came at an angle.  The ball hitting hand was not handball imho.  Will need to see again.

Certainly risky sliding in once on a yellow.  He stayed away from any 40:60s in second half.

Bailey Wright's first half was by far the worst I've seen from him.

Several stray passes/headers giving the ball to Reading in dangerous positions but thankfully each time tidied up by Flint.

Bit more steady second half but not enough to raise his overall rating beyond a 5, and that's being generous imo.

If nothing else he's usually an unspectacular steady Eddie but far from it today.

15 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Bailey Wright's first half was by far the worst I've seen from him.

Several stray passes/headers giving the ball to Reading in dangerous positions but thankfully each time tidied up by Flint.

Bit more steady second half but not enough to raise his overall rating beyond a 5, and that's being generous imo.

If nothing else he's usually an unspectacular steady Eddie but far from it today.

Yeah not his best but good to see he got better in the 2nd half. 

That break we had where he was near 1 on 1 with the keeper and decided to cross then fluffed it :facepalm:

Archived