IGNORED

Worst single moment watching City

Aizoon

5 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

I was with my Dad who was a gashead and he told everyone i was City pure  misery i had to stay he had the car 

Is this too late for you?

CONTACTING CHILDLINE

You can talk to us about anything. No problem is too big or too small.

Call us free on 0800 1111 or get in touch online. However you choose to contact us, you're in control. It’s confidential and you don’t have to give your name if you don’t want to.

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

This, by an absolute mile and that includes the games before we were supposedly dying in 1982.

I was at Trumpton that night and it was a living nightmare! 

They will always have that over us. I watched a lot of games that season and we was the best football playing team in that division. Super Bob getting injured didn’t help . The Vetch winning 5-0 was a highlight .  

13 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I’ll raise you Gerry Sharpe!

Definitely the Gerry Sharpe broken leg vs boro  way back when... Must be the most haunting on field moment for any City fan that was there that day... The horrendous 'crack' that seemed to echo around the ground, can still hear it in my head as if it happened yesterday. The loss of Gerry was a tremendous blow for club and player, the injury ended his career with us at a time when he was approaching his best, and his future had looked very bright .... So sad, awful to see it and hear it and everyone immediately knew that it was all over, sickening.

Absolutely THE worst moment by far. 

17 hours ago, Nbafc said:

Perversely enjoying this thread too.

The Hull p/o defeat has to be the worst one I attended (pet rabbit was killed later that night too!)

Although, as many have said, the Brighton defeat was probably more galling. Perhaps due to it being such a tame end to a highly enjoyable era for me.

The 0-3 at Trumpton would seem to be a front runner and I remember not enjoying the ensuing playground banter.

Would love to see a poll on this; there is certainly no end of candidates.

Rabbit ?  ....  ffs what sort of a bastard are you ? ... Most of us just settle for giving the cat a kick after a bad game! :devil:

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

They didn't change the name, by the time we were relegated I'm pretty sure it wasn't even being published any more.

Stopped about 2000/1 iirc. The editors no longer support Rovers as far as I’m aware 

23 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Funnily enough they are two of my favourite moments watching City :)

I never heard the last of it. All the Gasheads I knew went on and on and on about it until they naused me off to the point I turned against Rovers. Up until that point I wasn't bothered about Rovers. 

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Definitely the Gerry Sharpe broken leg vs boro  way back when... Must be the most haunting on field moment for any City fan that was there that day... The horrendous 'crack' that seemed to echo around the ground, can still hear it in my head as if it happened yesterday. The loss of Gerry was a tremendous blow for club and player, the injury ended his career with us at a time when he was approaching his best, and his future had looked very bright .... So sad, awful to see it and hear it and everyone immediately knew that it was all over, sickening.

Absolutely THE worst moment by far. 

I remember waiting for him to be put into the ambulance after the game and missing the coach, with the only option of having to walk back to Portishead!

59 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I remember waiting for him to be put into the ambulance after the game and missing the coach, with the only option of having to walk back to Portishead!

Me and my mate could've been stood next to you, we were waiting by the ambulance too, didn't have to walk home though thankfully.   

20 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Looks like some if you will 'enjoy' this then... (the videos almost as bad as the injustice that day - but boy that goal was pretty bloody 'smart' gotta admit that)

Anyway enjoy your 'worst moment' once again... Remember events like these are extremely rare, sleep well and don't have nightmares!

I was with Gary Smart at our game against Wolves this year in hospitality. He's a really decent bloke,  a fan of the club who got to play a few games  and got his 15 minutes of fame. He was telling me that as he was nearly always in the reserves who played in the Combination at the time , he got to play at a lot of the 'big' grounds.

Sadly,  it's unlikely that players will be able to take the same route from local football to play for 'their' team any more.

On 27/12/2017 at 19:08, BS15_RED said:

Peter Beadle scoring two for the Sags at the Gate in January 1996. For the next two months all I heard from them for the next two months was “watch out, Beadle’s about”, thankfully two months later we stuffed them 4-2 at Trumpton.

Definitely this one for me. It was just an horrendous evening. The next day, my 6th form lessons were split between Mangotsfield & Downend Schools, so I get merciless stick from not one, but two lots of Gasheads. 

Haven’t checked every post on the thread but don’t think I’ve seen anyone else mention the back to back losses at Wycombe and Crewe in 2013-14 under O’Driscoll. Two of the three most awful City performances I’ve ever seen; the Crewe game in particular (1-0 loss to a stoppage time penalty) sticks in the mind as an absolute horror show. Seeing a City team play with such a lack of quality, direction and (above all) ambition was shocking.

The third of the three worst performances I’ve seen was the 5-1 loss at Blackpool towards the end of 2001-02, when we were still in with a shout of the play offs. Awful away day.

For overall disappointment, however, it has to be Brighton at the Millennium in 2004. Losing such an awful game to a team who were only marginally less awful than ourselves (and with our team showing such a lack of attacking intent in the process) was hugely deflating. At least with the Hull game at Wembley I walked away knowing we’d lost a tight game to a wonder goal against a team who’d finished a place above us in the league, and that our team had given its all for the 90 minutes. 

On 27/12/2017 at 21:14, Red Right Hand said:

That dreadful 1-0 home defeat to Sheff Utd in S`OD`s last (?)

I think his last was 1-1 at home midweek to Leyton Orient (who to be fair were going well in the league). That would be up there for me simply because my train broke down at Swindon, GWR's entire network ground to a half, my total travel time to the game was 7 hours (no, seriously), I arrived five minutes into the second half close to 9pm, saw about 40 minutes of non-descript football, then went back, trains still a mess, 4 more hours to get home. 11 hours to see half of that game. :grr:

As others have said: 1. Brighton, 2. Cardiff Play Off Second Leg, 3. Hull, but here are some others that would run them close:

- Birmingham (H) under Benny (we had just had a mini-revival and that cracking win at Fratton, we played okay again but Mike Dean conspired against us, probably ended our chances),

- Colchester (H) under Pulis (realising your entire team has become so average it is just a backdrop for a talented young opponent, actually finding yourself enjoying the opposition more) 

- Stoke (A) under GJ (people forget how huge that game was - and the Stoke fans let us know it, they've been in the Premier League ever since)

I would put that Stoke game up there with anything.

Archived