IGNORED

Fan Arrested for Drinking in view of the pitch

Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

Description of law:

http://www.safetyatsportsgrounds.org.uk/advice/faqs/sporting-events-act-1985

People have been trying to change it for a long time.

I always thought you couldn’t take alcohol on coaches or into a match, ie the pocession of it, but it seems it’s the actual consumption. So in theory you can bring in on coaches as long as you don’t drink it until you get off, but not in the ground? I guess you can’t bring it into a match to consume on your way home as the club state ‘no glass bottles, no cans’. Although I regularly see the woman infront of me with a can of coke.

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I always thought you couldn’t take alcohol on coaches or into a match, ie the pocession of it, but it seems it’s the actual consumption. 

The legislation states 

• A person who knowingly causes or permits alcohol to be carried on a vehicle to which this section applies is guilty of an offence
  • A person who has alcohol in his possession while on a vehicle to which this section applies is guilty of an offence.
  • A person who is drunk on a vehicle to which this section applies is guilty of an offence.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57/section/1

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

The legislation states 

• A person who knowingly causes or permits alcohol to be carried on a vehicle to which this section applies is guilty of an offence
  • A person who has alcohol in his possession while on a vehicle to which this section applies is guilty of an offence.
  • A person who is drunk on a vehicle to which this section applies is guilty of an offence.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57/section/1

Ah yes that was my understating rather than the wording in the other link

41 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Match drawn. Still 3-0 down in the series though

Every single cricket fan I know is an alcoholic and only goto cricket to disguise their raging alcoholism, but becuase they are TOFFS its OK, just dont let the plebs drink in front of football games, OH NOES WHAT WOULD THE CHILDREN THINK?

Honestly, its these little things that really grip my ******* shit and hope Corbyn gets elected so we can tear this rubbish down. 

3 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Every single cricket fan is an alcoholic and only goto cricket to disguise their raging alcoholism, but becuase they are TOFFS its OK, just dont let the plebs drink in front of football games, OH NOES WHAT WOULD THE CHILDREN THINK?

Honestly, its these little things that really grip my ******* shit and hope Corbyn gets elected so we can tear this shit down. 

without trawling all through the thread, my memory suggests it was Thatcher who banned fans from drinking within view of the pitch (or words to that effect). I have watched Borussia Monchengladbach in the past (friends lived out there), and people can drink quite freely during matches. I'm not wholly convinced it's a great thing because people want to get up for a pee a billion times a game. Would I drink at AG? Probably not, as I drive to matches, as do a good few thousand others, so for me it makes no difference. Would I object to anyone else settling into some cans? Only if they were getting up and down like a bloody yo yo for a pee.

Of course the problem is football used to have a big hooligan/violence problem, whereas rugby and cricket haven't.

Various laws were made, including this weird one about drinking in view of the pitch (but you can drink all you want in the concourse). The authorities will now point to the fact that there is less violence at football matches and therefore the law works, and have no reason to get rid of it.

IF they did get rid of the law, I bet it would make no difference to violence at matches whatsoever.  Not being able to drink for 45 minutes at a time doesn't make much difference to how drunk someone is. If anything, necking a pint at half-time is worse than being able to finish it off during the first ten minutes or so of the second half.

Problem is, I actually quite like people not drinking in their seats. The constant getting up and down at rugby is annoying, and you'd get soaked in beer everytime we score (something I was happy with when I was younger, but is a bit of a pain now!). 

Ideally, drinking in view of the pitch shouldn't be allowed, except for me. ;)

8 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

Of course the problem is football used to have a big hooligan/violence problem, whereas rugby and cricket haven't.

Various laws were made, including this weird one about drinking in view of the pitch (but you can drink all you want in the concourse). The authorities will now point to the fact that there is less violence at football matches and therefore the law works, and have no reason to get rid of it.

IF they did get rid of the law, I bet it would make no difference to violence at matches whatsoever.  Not being able to drink for 45 minutes at a time doesn't make much difference to how drunk someone is. If anything, necking a pint at half-time is worse than being able to finish it off during the first ten minutes or so of the second half.

Problem is, I actually quite like people not drinking in their seats. The constant getting up and down at rugby is annoying, and you'd get soaked in beer everytime we score (something I was happy with when I was younger, but is a bit of a pain now!). 

Ideally, drinking in view of the pitch shouldn't be allowed, except for me. ;)

Quite agree.

34 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

without trawling all through the thread, my memory suggests it was Thatcher who banned fans from drinking within view of the pitch (or words to that effect). I have watched Borussia Monchengladbach in the past (friends lived out there), and people can drink quite freely during matches. I'm not wholly convinced it's a great thing because people want to get up for a pee a billion times a game. Would I drink at AG? Probably not, as I drive to matches, as do a good few thousand others, so for me it makes no difference. Would I object to anyone else settling into some cans? Only if they were getting up and down like a bloody yo yo for a pee.

Its the establishments passive aggressive hate of the working class which is evident across housing estates and society still today

NO BALL GAMES

NO CYCLING

NO DRINKING

NO LITTERING

NO DOG POOP

And none of them are enforced where i live, but the signs are plastered everywhere, so at what point do we just ignore other laws and rules? I say now, I say rise up and take back our country. Voting Corbyn will create the conditions, so vote Corbyn. 

English football is a major export to the Asian markets and Middle East, do the chiefs think that drinking offends them? No it doesnt, they love the fans passion and aggression towards the opposing fans, we should be aloud to get pissed up and be rowdy, slate other teams and their fans and we insist they do the same in return. 

Football is tribal, you hate the opposition, you have 20k fans who hate them too, in the olden days we would just fight and kill each other, but football is where we now go to let out aggression and that's why the Asian markets love it because they are not aloud to show such emotion. I've lived in Asia where they are obsessed with the English game and they love the fans.

So stop trying to sanitize our game or you will kill it. If you don't like swearing then **** off to Athletics or something. 

11 minutes ago, CiderHider said:

Its the establishments passive aggressive hate of the working class which is evident across housing estates and society still today

NO BALL GAMES

NO CYCLING

NO DRINKING

NO LITTERING

NO DOG POOP

And none of them are enforced where i live, but the signs are plastered everywhere, so at what point do we just ignore other laws and rules? I say now, I say rise up and take back our country. Voting Corbyn will create the conditions, so vote Corbyn. 

To be fair, I'm happy I dont have to negotiate my way to the front door walking ankle deep through McDonalds wrappers and Dog Crap.

32 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

rugby and cricket fans have a few GCSEs and maybe an A Level etc and can drink without fighting ... 'soccer' fans are pretty stupid on the whole and after a couple of drinks just fight ... 

cough... some of us went to school in pre GCSE days. Us oldies have our pride too ya know

34 minutes ago, oldrosie said:

rugby and cricket fans have a few GCSEs and maybe an A Level etc and can drink without fighting ... 'soccer' fans are pretty stupid on the whole and after a couple of drinks just fight ... 

So with fans probably drinking more than ever at Ashton Gate due to the new concessions and the fan village (backed up by the increase in food & drink revenues reported by the club), why am I not surrounded by Mike Tyson wannabes taking a swing at each other match-after-match?

Archived