IGNORED

Villa game - first real test of character

Andy082005

Ok, the mental strength and character these players have shown up ro now has been incredible. We have lost a couple of games this season and managed to bounce back straight away, however the manner of yesterdays defeat was a real kick in the teeth for everyone. These players have played like they are invincible the last month or so...and its paid off. That attitude cost us the game last night sadly. 

The downside of this is it could knock a bit of confidence amongst some players. The coaching staff have a big job now to draw a line under the Wolves game, pick them up and get their mindset right for tomorrows game

See you all at Villa Park!

3 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I don't think confidence will be an issue, it's more likely to be tiredness/lack of options that may cause us to lose but then Villa have been no great shakes recently.

I cant imagine Villa Park being a welcoming place for the home team this season. Hopefully we will get at them early and get their fans on their backs

Disagree about it being first real test of character, losing to Preston and finding ourselves 2 down at Hull next game was that.

However, having snatched defeat from the jaws of victory against Wolves, I do think Villa game is the biggest of our season now. We have got positive results straight after our other 3 losses, we need to do the same again if we have any pretentions about challenging for second place.

Tomorrow is a tough one, it was always going to be, but given how we lost last night it makes it a bigger challenge.

Had we won last night, which we should have, the fatigue would have been forgotten by the players and I would have been optimistic of getting something.

Now the players need to raise themselves once more with, I hope, the promise of a few days off afterwards.

Given where we are the Watford game should see no first team players on the field except Steele who could do with some game time.

This group of players have shown time and time they have real balls about them, I really feel for the players after yesterday, they are running on empty and still came away from the game deserving a minimum of a point from the champions elect. Even after that defeat it is bloody good being a City fan at the moment

12 minutes ago, gordie said:

This group of players have shown time and time they have real balls about them, I really feel for the players after yesterday, they are running on empty and still came away from the game deserving a minimum of a point from the champions elect. Even after that defeat it is bloody good being a City fan at the moment

I can see us going to Villa and winning tomorrow, just have total faith in these players that they just won’t lie down and are so determined to get second promotion spot

14 minutes ago, gordie said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I didn’t think we looked knackered last night.  Thought we played with good energy.

Archived