IGNORED

Pack and Smith

EmersonsRed

Absolutely ruined. For anybody that watches yesterdays games back, watch them from the 65th minute on. They're gone. Particularly Pack. I do genuinely believe that was just as much mental fatigue as well as physical that led to Packs error for the second yesterday. In the past 6 weeks this squad has worked so hard, the way we play requires so much energy off the ball and with our squad decimated with injuries these two in the middle have absolutely ran their socks off. Brownhill too.

Villa is an important game for us, we'll have to bounce back and show belief, but for the love of god I hope we play the kids v Watford. Never in my life have I cared less about the FA Cup. This whole bunch needs a break. They're doing great things for us this season, but I'd hate them to be completely fizzled out by Feb. A week off could make the world of difference.

2 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Absolutely ruined. For anybody that watches yesterdays games back, watch them from the 65th minute on. They're gone. Particularly Pack. I do genuinely believe that was just as much mental fatigue as well as physical that led to Packs error for the second yesterday. In the past 6 weeks this squad has worked so hard, the way we play requires so much energy off the ball and with our squad decimated with injuries these two in the middle have absolutely ran their socks off. Brownhill too.

Villa but for the love of god I hope we play the kids v Watford. Never in my life have I cared less about the FA Cup. This whole bunch needs a break. They're doing great things for us this season, but I'd hate them to be completely fizzled out by Feb. A week off could make the world of difference.

Interesting to see so many say this. Yes I agree, it would be good to bounce straight back. But I think everyone should ease their expectations; Villa are a good side and it would be hardly a shock if they beat us! 

I'm already dreading the response on here if we were to lose. 

I fear this team will be a victim of their high standards they have set. What I mean is due to what happened this season, everyone WILL expect us to bounce back tomorrow. But in reality Villa away is one of the toughest games this season, and we shouldn't expect to just rock up and win! 

9 minutes ago, ForeverRes said:

Interesting to see so many say this. Yes I agree, it would be good to bounce straight back. But I think everyone should ease their expectations; Villa are a good side and it would be hardly a shock if they beat us! 

I'm already dreading the response on here if we were to lose. 

I fear this team will be a victim of their high standards they have set. What I mean is due to what happened this season, everyone WILL expect us to bounce back tomorrow. But in reality Villa away is one of the toughest games this season, and we shouldn't expect to just rock up and win! 

Where have I stated any expectations at all? I said it was important. Every league game is important for us.

Interesting to compare benches of both games v Wolves

Last night, Taylor, Steele, Woodrow, Eliasson, Kelly, Vynor, Leko.

On the 3-3, Taylor, Steele, Woodrow, Eliasson, Paterson, Pack, Mags

OK, most the same, but many more options with players like Paterson or Pack able to be on the bench. For them, I thought Costa and Jota were really poor and I assume having bad days. They had real quaility on the bench they could bring on. Not I hope being to harsh, but our bench last night felt like a decent league 1 one, not one of a team near the top in this league.

We have 4 CBs really across our back line, who occasionally also cover our striker shortage. We still had Wolves on the rack at an hour, and only our mistakes allowed them back in.

23 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

Where have I stated any expectations at all? I said it was important. Every league game is important for us.

"Villa is an important game for us, we'll have to bounce back" 

Sounsa like an expectation to me. Hardly the end of the world if we lose. But many will react like it is. 

Anyway wasn't a dig at you to be honest. But lots saying we gotta bounce back at villa etc. and probably expect us to! And why not, considering it's what we've done all season. But if we don't, we will still be 4 points clear (min) on 7th... 

Agree with the op, what we have achieved has been miraculous, but playing flint up front at this point of the season says it all.. injuries havent helped, but the likes of reid pack smith and brownhill are going to be spent,,,, and we will be lucky if they survive the end of the season without picking up injuries.

2 hours ago, ForeverRes said:

"Villa is an important game for us, we'll have to bounce back" 

Sounsa like an expectation to me. Hardly the end of the world if we lose. But many will react like it is. 

Anyway wasn't a dig at you to be honest. But lots saying we gotta bounce back at villa etc. and probably expect us to! And why not, considering it's what we've done all season. But if we don't, we will still be 4 points clear (min) on 7th... 

We just lost. We will have to bounce back. We are playing a team on the verge of the play-offs. It is an important game.

An expectation is me saying "we must beat them"

But yeah, there's always an over-reaction to a loss on here. Reading the forum last night made me think we'd been relegated and Pack had sent us down

Archived