IGNORED

PC Upgrade question

screech

I was always going to be upgrading my pc over the next 3 months but an unexpected 31" monitor got delivered for Christmas and this has proven the final straw for my tired pc.

My current rig is an AMD FX8350, 16 gb ram, GTX 570 GPU. It's old but not entirely useless, just slow.

I don't game much and use this mainly for Indesign, Photoshop, Lightroom and browsing with the occasional blast of recent titled PC gaming, so the question is, do I blow the first installment of my upgrade on a 1080 ti GPU or keep the current GPU and replace CPU, motherboard and Ram. I'm going to do both but don't have the funds to do both straight away. So which upgrade would serve me better right now?

CPU, Motherboard and RAM will make a much bigger difference than just your GPU. That's the beating heart of your PC. I'd start there.

Do you have an SSD? That's a relatively cheap upgrade than can make a noticeable difference instantly if you run your OS from it and would add to the overall upgrade once you've fully rebuilt.

Cheers both, I've got an SSD already though.

Next decision of wait and see if AMD Ryzen 2 will make another huge leap or move to the new Intel line up. I hate and love in equal measures upgrading, jump too soon and you miss a major release and you feel robbed.

Archived