IGNORED

A game too far

INCRED

1 hour ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

I love my team but they’re shattered... We need to be proud of what we’ve achieved and not beat our boys up. COYR - there’s still a lot of season left with fit players returning... BELIEVE xx

I like (no likes left, I'll give you one tomorrow) Oh, stop sniggering, you lot.

After the Wolves match, which must have been gut wrenching for the players to lose in the last minute, this was always going to be a game too far with our depleted squad. Let's face it, LJ can't change anything at the moment we simply don't have the players. I am not sure if any of our rivals have the same acute problem.

I am very proud of what we have achieved this season to date and we all must keep in focus that nothing's decided by this game.

We all have to stay focused and hopefully let MA do his work and get the badly needed reinforcements in soon.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Remember - in our 07/08 playoff season we had the following results..

Barnsley 3-0 City

Ipswich 6-0 City

West Brom 4-1 City

QPR 3-0 City

I remember the Ipswich and West Brom games in particular we were absolutely battered. Still got to the Playoff final with a far worse side than we have now. Keep the faith. Two defeats against the two biggest spenders in the league isn't shameful. Plenty of time to go this season.

A few new recruits, some rest for the players who've had such an intense few weeks and some others returning from injury will do us the world of good.

Agreed mate. Went to all 4 of those in 07/08 and we took a right pasting in them all.. it happens its a tough league and as has already been said to death we are stretched beyond belief at the moment. A few new faces in over the transfer window and with the injured lads to come back i still make us very very strong favourites to finish in the top 6 (somewhere)! Now i dont know about anyone else but christ a top 6 finish will bloody well do me :thumbsup:

5 games in 13 days, pretty much the same 11 all through. 4 league points and a cup semi. Losses to 2 of the leagues powerhouses. 

Effort has been superb. They’re knackered. We’ll bounce back but they all need to be rested v Watford. 

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Have a proper think about what we were watching last season THEN contrast it with this season bar tonight. That should sort you out!!

You're probably right mind. We've been treated to some ******* incredible stuff this year, and we're in the play off places. Nice to be looking up not down. And even if we don't make the play offs, so what?

Nice to see a squad that actually cares though, really really feel for the players after tonight. Rest is badly in order.

Yeah, that did sort me out.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

You're probably right mind. We've been treated to some ******* incredible stuff this year, and we're in the play off places. Nice to be looking up not down. And even if we don't make the play offs, so what?

Nice to see a squad that actually cares though, really really feel for the players after tonight. Rest is badly in order.

Yeah, that did sort me out.

As I said before. 20 years of season tickets and this is definitely the best football I have watched...

Just now, Judda said:

As I said before. 20 years of season tickets and this is definitely the best football I have watched...

Just realised 20 years ago was 1998. World Cup in France. Oasis touring on Be Here Now. Christ I feel old.

Probably the best I've seen too. Even the Cotterill football wasn't without it's faults, and the way this team has made some very well paid, very expensive players look like warm shit will live with me forever.

I went tonight and am struggling to remember seeing a side so visibly fatigued as we were.  It was mostly mental to be honest.  As soon as Villa scored they seemed to cotton onto the fact that we were spent.  We were 2nd to everything.  Bryan was half asleep at left mid, Brownhill looked like he was finishing a marathon, Patterson could hardly run.  Anyone reading anything into this result is making a mistake be that Villa fans thinking how good they are or us having a downer on ourselves.

So Villa fans were mocking our team after their 5-0 win, well if that’s not motivation enough to shove it down their throats and go on a run and secure promotion I don’t know what is

LJ should remind them every game from now on as I bet it hurt them after all the hard work they have put in to date

lets have the last laugh as they spend another year in this league and we move on to the Prem

17 hours ago, INCRED said:

Before the game with Villa it was always gonna be a tough ask for the same 10 outfield players to put a shift in for another big game. The lads have been fantastic but the tank must be running on empty. The next 7 days and our transfer dealings will be crucial for the rest of the season as well as players coming back from injury 

Need to get back to winning ways at home to Norwich with a refreshed and dynamic squad 

Exactly right. Not a disaster, though. We'll get to Berlin, you see if we don't.

3 hours ago, INCRED said:

So Villa fans were mocking our team after their 5-0 win, well if that’s not motivation enough to shove it down their throats and go on a run and secure promotion I don’t know what is

LJ should remind them every game from now on as I bet it hurt them after all the hard work they have put in to date

lets have the last laugh as they spend another year in this league and we move on to the Prem

I notice LJ said earlier to wait and see who finishes higher, us or them.

Reading between the lines, he ain`t happy with some of the over the top crap coming from them and on top of that classless git of a Wolves manager`s antics he`s getting a bit pissed off with some of these `entitled` ******* in this league.

There`s only one way to stuff it up them so bring it on.

19 hours ago, Laner said:

Absolutely... as Bill Shankly once said...

If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win.

I could literally have cried for them last night. Let's not forget the boys BEAT Man U and were unlucky not to draw with Wolves. Also don't think Villa should have had either of the first two goals last night. Its been a punishing few weeks and City have done brilliantly, especially with all the injuries they've had to contend with. The guys were out on their feet. Rest up and trust in Lee Johnson, get our injured players back and keep the faith. COYR 

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I notice LJ said earlier to wait and see who finishes higher, us or them.

Reading between the lines, he ain`t happy with some of the over the top crap coming from them and on top of that classless git of a Wolves manager`s antics he`s getting a bit pissed off with some of these `entitled` ******* in this league.

There`s only one way to stuff it up them so bring it on.

What "over the top crap"???

The fans simply yelled "ole" as the ball was stroked around at 5-0. All fans do that.

Now let's focus on your fans:

"Where's your Kodjia gone" real class that one.

"He left coz you're sh#t" (referring to Nathan Baker) Is that not mocking?

"you're not famous anymore" Again, is that not mocking?

Archived