IGNORED

RATINGS (Merged)

Esmond Million's Bung

11 hours ago, maxjak said:

Its a fricking disgrace.........the team have let us all down....that performance was unacceptable, i am astonished by their lack of pride, anyone who attended tonite should be refunded from the players wages........complety embarassing

8 hours ago, maxjak said:

lj's......quote  'so great that we are playing villa so soon, as it gives us an opportunity to bounce back'........the only thing that bounced was the ball in our net........I LOVE lj and city...if u think i'm a jerk thats fine, i have supported them home and away for40 years, so i am embarassed by today, i understand ljs reasoning,  but to lose 5- 0 is sad and embarassing , so sorry i'm a jerk ,but glib comments achieve very little without an agenda. I am certain we will bounce back ..........but for a side in 2nd to lose like this is humiliating

I was hoping that you may read your first rant post and be embarrassed 

But you actually compound it with your ‘justification’

Off the back off one heavy defeat against Aston Villa when everyone accepted , before the game the players were out on their feet and also mentally drained I should think 

Have you noticed the monumental efforts they have been putting in for months and particularly the last few weeks ?

Are you aware the squad is down to bare bones due to injury ?

Did you actually notice , as most Did how the players were out on their feet after 20 mins or  so against Reading ?

Am I wasting my breath ?

If you had posted the first post after Preston last year I couldn’t have argued too much but to post this at this time is simply embarrassing (And IMHO a disgrace)

I’ve been going for nearly 50 yrs and you must have been embarrassed or humiliated on a regular basis if you react to last night like you did  

Things will be fine folks, the depleted squad has been running on empty since the MU game, the players have consistently demonstrated they can play the ball around and boss games, this will return.

What worries me more than the last couple of results is that to compete continually at top 6 level we need to recruit quality.  Albert (lovely guy) Grealish and Snodgrass (horrible gits) but need players of that level to make the difference.  That costs serious money and runs the risk of destroying the close team spirit.

4 hours ago, Tiree said:

Shelts, 'full stop'  after Man Utd" Reading? You are too experienced to write off players after a shocking result or were you one on here who said Bryan and  Brownhill were terrible 10months ago?

Never wise to single out players after a team thrashing. 

Taylor is hopeless in front of goal!!! 

Don’t think LJ rates Maggers that much, it’s just down to injuries that he gets a game . Nearly went in the last window . Taylor has lost any confidence he’s had!!

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Off the back off one heavy defeat against Aston Villa when everyone accepted , before the game the players were out on their feet and also mentally drained I should think 

Have you noticed the monumental efforts they have been putting in for months and particularly the last few weeks ?

Did you actually notice , as most Did how the players were out on their feet after 20 mins or  so against Reading ?

Am I wasting my breath ?

If you had posted the first post after Preston last year I couldn’t have argued too much but to post this at this time is simply embarrassing (And IMHO a disgrace)

I’ve been going for nearly 50 yrs and you must have been embarrassed or humiliated on a regular basis if you react to last night like you did  

Put it this way I thought the first quote was an attempt at sarcasm to mock anyone who did react that way.....clearly not!!!

”Lack of pride” don’t you wish said person could be left in the Dressing Room with just the players to explain that one to them!!!

12 hours ago, shelts said:

Harsh on Baker, at least he fired in a tackle and showed a little passion . Kelly looked decent . 

Do you know what I will probably put my hands up to this one, however IMHO he allowed the crowd to get to him and collected a totally needless yellow, it was unprofessional and sort of showed our overall performance in a nutshell.

15 hours ago, maxjak said:

Its a fricking disgrace.........the team have let us all down....that performance was unacceptable, i am astonished by their lack of pride, anyone who attended tonite should be refunded from the players wages........complety embarassing

Well that's a lot of horseshit for a kick off.

Don't presume to speak for us all.  8 games in 30 days, with a depleted squad, 5 wins (including a cup QF against Man Utd), 1 draw and 2 defeats (against 2 good, and expensively assembled teams)

You might feel let down, but if you are I suggest you are in a minority, and certainly don't speak for me.

16 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Wow?

Creative midfielder?.

Striker?.

Right back?.

And ship out Magnússon, Taylor, Hegeler and Engvall, that's 4 signed in the last 2 years.

Very harsh on Magnússon and Taylor both reliable squad players who come in and do a job. Hegeler I agree with he just doesn’t look like he will ever settle in the English game CM or CB. Engvall hasn’t had much of a chance but we may aswell cash in on him nkw.

16 hours ago, old_eastender said:

where 6 is a decent display...

Steele - 5 - Although didn't look like any of the goals down to him, he did let in 5.

Wright - 5 - Although did well 1 on 1 against Albert a couple of times, was caught out of position a few times too and made to look like a CB filling in at RB.

Baker - 5 - Not one of his best, needless yellow card too.

Flint - 6 - Gave 100% as per usual, would have scored to make it 2-1 soon after half-time if not blocked off by Taylor!

Mags - 4 - Made lots of mistakes and played too many aimless balls forward. One decent challenge to prevent 3-0 before HT, but rightly subbed.

Pato - 5 - Started brightly, but then either did nothing or played us into trouble losing the ball all too often.

Brownhill - 5 - Played with usual energy levels, but nothing came off for him, one woeful shot when we had a man over still at 2-0.

Smith - 5- Least effective game I've seen Korey play for a long time.

Bryan -5 - Just did not get into the game at all, couple of little runs including good chance whilst 0-0 but delayed taking shot too long.

Pack - 4 - Offered very little in CM, hit several attempted long passes straight out

Reid - 4 - Pressed hard, but control let him down a few times and he was 95% responsible for their 3rd goal which killed the game.

SUBS:

Kelly - 6 - Did OK I thought, like his no nonsense approach hoofing ball clear when under pressure.

Taylor - 3 - Awful, blocked off Flint from scoring, which would have made it 2-1. no hold-up play, poor passes.

Overall we were better side for opening 20 mins, goals change games they say and Villa bossed it after going 1 up. Might have got back into it if golden chance to make it 2-1 at start of second half was taken, but in the end overrun.

You put Pack twice. Was the 4 given to Paterson?

15 hours ago, maxjak said:

Where were you when we beat Man United then? Were you questioning the players passion then?  Up there with one of the stupidest posts I’ve seen on this page and I’ve seen some bad stuff.

14 hours ago, Harry said:

Just back.

Never got going in this game. Regulars will know I’m a big Pack fan but today was the worst I’ve seen him play in a City shirt. Magnússon was terrible. Smith passed everything out of play. Bobby couldn’t hold onto the ball. Brownhill looked shattered and didn’t seem able to run. Flint & Baker between then let the 5ft 9ins striker win 2 headers on the 6 yard box for their first 2 goals. Wright didn’t do many things right. Bryan did about 2 things worthy of note. Kelly was the only bright spark showing a couple of composed passes but a couple of times had to castigate Bryan for not helping him out. 

No one gets singled out tonight though, they were all poor and we were never at the races. 

It could’ve been different had Taylor not got in Flints way early in the 2nd half when we should’ve made it 2-1. Wouldve been interesting to see how Villa reacted to that

Overall though, we looked very very tired and in need of a break. Squad needs bulking up asap because there are players dying on their asses right now.  

I’m also confused what our formation was in the 2nd half. Seemed that Smith was playing as CB but we didn’t actually have anyone in midfield. We were wide, wide open. 

Bad night, but it was coming, with all the effort put in in recent weeks, and the depleted squad. 

Pretty much the way I saw it.

I know we have crossed swords over Pack before but you have to admit that I praise him highly when I believe he deserves it, but yesterday as I said shows me why he cannot hold down a permanent first team place, the 2nd goal was crucial and his part in it was bordering on the criminal.

As for Magnússon and especially Taylor how many more chances should they be given with us at Championship level?, yes Magnússon has certainly been improving but again as I posted easy to bully in tough games and it must be obvious to everybody that LJ doesn't trust him and as for Taylor his league form this season is shocking, it comes to something when our number 1 and number 2 back up strikers cannot get regular football even when we have 2 strikers out long time injured.

22 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Do you know what I will probably put my hands up to this one, however IMHO he allowed the crowd to get to him and collected a totally needless yellow, it was unprofessional and sort of showed our overall performance in a nutshell.

He was the pantomime Villain....

10 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Very harsh on Magnússon and Taylor both reliable squad players who come in and do a job. Hegeler I agree with he just doesn’t look like he will ever settle in the English game CM or CB. Engvall hasn’t had much of a chance but we may aswell cash in on him nkw.

How is it harsh?.

If they are so reliable why can neither of them nail down a first team place? and as I have pointed out in Taylors case he can't get regular starts with 2 strikers long term injured.

Are you suggesting that LJ's obvious judgement of these 2 players is flawed?, he's the person who constantly drops them not me.

19 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I have called 2 players as sub standard, 2 players who are constantly being talked about as sub standard.

It is obvious that LJ has little or no faith in Magnússon long term, the guy was 10 minutes away from leaving in the summer window. In tough games he gets bullied all of the time.

And Taylor cannot expect to dine out on that pass v Manu and Taylor has influenced not one league game that he has played in.

Sorry that's the way that I see it.

As a left back Mags makes a great centre half .

He just looks cumbersome at full back .

I like the player and believe that he will come good .

He's getting more into games than before .

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

How is it harsh?.

If they are so reliable why can neither of them nail down a first team place? and as I have pointed out in Taylors case he can't get regular starts with 2 strikers long term injured.

Are you suggesting that LJ's obvious judgement of these 2 players is flawed?, he's the person who constantly drops them not me.

They are reliable when they come in they don’t have to start to be reliable. Magnússon was a bit shaky at LB to start with but the run of games in that position has improved that and he’s ever improving. What I like about Taylor is that he works very hard when he puts that shirt on he wasn’t helped with the support from the midfield.

16 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

They are reliable when they come in they don’t have to start to be reliable. Magnússon was a bit shaky at LB to start with but the run of games in that position has improved that and he’s ever improving. What I like about Taylor is that he works very hard when he puts that shirt on he wasn’t helped with the support from the midfield.

Agree to disagree, Magnússon is not tough enough in physical games and apart from the cup games Taylor has achieved nothing apart from the odd touch here and there in the league games, I agree that he puts a lot of effort in but that is not enough.

In my opinion both have had enough chances and it's just not happening on a consistent basis, because I don't believe either is good enough.

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Am I wasting my breath ?

Fair enough you have a valid point .......I have overeacted, but i am passionate about my team, sorry if i have gone over the top

53 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Fair enough you have a valid point .......I have overeacted, but i am passionate about my team, sorry if i have gone over the top

Fair play

Been there mate :gaah: as a few will point out !

My mitigation was it was through a record breaking run of defeats !!!

Dont think this current set up deserve castigating , especially in the circumstances atm and after what they’ve already delivered this season ;)

Archived