IGNORED

Steele’s kicking

Fordy62

8 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Now... everyone is on Frankie’s back about his lack of quality distribution. It’s no secret that I think it’s unfair criticism. 

But watching Steele last night and against Wolves, there were flashes of concern for me that he isn’t very good at kicking.

I don’t mean the accuracy, I mean the regular occasions on which he doesn’t connect properly and he also struggles to get length on his kicks. 

Not a criticism as such, I think he’s a decent back up, but for me, his kicking isn’t up to scratch. 

That being said, I do appreciate it was blowing a gale last night at Villa. 

Anyone else thought similar?

Haven't really seen enough of Steele to judge, but I do think the guys miss Frankie. He seems to give the team more confidence because he is generally such a safe pair of hands. Always the first choice keeper IMO. Shame it wasn't possible last night.

21 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Can't agree I'm afraid. Frankie is a very good keeper and has dislodged enough replacements in his time here.

Its no secret though that 3 separate managers have tried replacing him, unfortunately they've tried replacing him with feebies and loans. He cost £200k so an improvement you'd think would have to cost more than that. I think he's a good character and an able goalie hence why he's still in and around the squad. But if we are serious about pushing on then an improvement is most definitely needed.

Archived