IGNORED

The Etihad, a few Tips and Advice

Alanthemanc

4 hours ago, Punkymatt said:

Cheers for all the tips @Alanthemanc 

do any of the pubs/bars in northern Quarter have late opening? Any you’d recommend? 

There' are loads down there,  just a few PUBS iv'e heard football fans go in before and after the game are......Port St Beer House....Tib St Tavern or the Bay Horse..

There are quite a few others all within walking distance of them all,  just google Northern Quarter and they will  all come up.........

3 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

from what I looked up on the internet it looks like my best option is a walk to heald green and then train to Piccadilly, they seem to run every 20 minutes

would you say your option was better?

The tram goes right to the stadium. Piccadilly Station is quite a long way away. The tram will take longer than the train but no walking. Swings and roundabouts!

i guess you could hop on a tram at Piccadilly...

I'd echo the suggestions of parking near the motorway and getting the tram/train. If coming from the south, park at East Didsbury (big, free car park) and change trams in town, or anywhere along the Altrincham line (Sale, Timperley etc) and get a direct one. And if anyone is staying in MediaCity/Salford Quays area, there are trams from that direction too.

The aforementioned Sinclairs in town is a Samuel Smiths pub, so is ridiculously cheap. The beer isn't the best, but for around £2 a pint you can't complain. The Mitre across the road is another popular one with visiting European fans.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

I'd echo the suggestions of parking near the motorway and getting the tram/train. If coming from the south, park at East Didsbury (big, free car park) and change trams in town, or anywhere along the Altrincham line (Sale, Timperley etc) and get a direct one. And if anyone is staying in MediaCity/Salford Quays area, there are trams from that direction too.

The aforementioned Sinclairs in town is a Samuel Smiths pub, so is ridiculously cheap. The beer isn't the best, but for around £2 a pint you can't complain. The Mitre across the road is another popular one with visiting European fans.

How interesting.

A pub in St Nicks Market (quite a few years ago, and I forget the name) used to sell Sam Smiths - one of myfavourite pints.

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Northern red, do you know time of night the trams stop running?

@Alanthemanc, Hi, just seen this from your club's website: https://www.mancity.com/ticket-information/visiting-the-campus/visiting-the-etihad-stadium

I asked you about bringing rucksacks into the ground. Apparently bags no larger than A4 size allowed!

Under prohibited items, it lists: food/drink!!!! 

Is that right??? You can't bring your own food or drink (non-alcoholic obviously) into the ground? 

Been in touch with my sister-in-law's bloke (who's a Man U STH) and he says you are definitely not allowed  to bring in any rucksacks or food or drink at Old Trafford. Women's handbags are fine. Assuming it's the same at The Etihad, things like rucksacks need to be stored somewhere beforehand. God knows where. And then you join the huge queue to pick stuff up at the end. Will leave my rucksack on the coach!

4 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

Been in touch with my sister-in-law's bloke (who's a Man U STH) and he says you are definitely not allowed  to bring in any rucksacks or food or drink at Old Trafford. Women's handbags are fine. Assuming it's the same at The Etihad, things like rucksacks need to be stored somewhere beforehand. God knows where. And then you join the huge queue to pick stuff up at the end.

*Will leave my rucksack on the coach!

* don't do that!! LJ's only small and besides he needs to concentrate on the game not your luggage, ... pffft unbelievable Jeff!

The safety of everyone at any sporting or music event is paramount for every organiser or club.

I know that dark humour is a British trait, but would imagine that any form of humour, such as above, will not be appreciated by the Mancs on here or at the game.

Apologies if you think it's an old man preaching.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Won’t be taking the boy then no bag means no fruit change of clothes , toys and drinks or iPad for when he gets bored ... no bags is a stupid idea worlds gone mad ... 

It is, but after what happened at the Manchester arena, I'm not sure we can really be critical of this choice at The Etihad

1 hour ago, Fat Cigar said:

@Alanthemanc, Hi, just seen this from your club's website: https://www.mancity.com/ticket-information/visiting-the-campus/visiting-the-etihad-stadium

I asked you about bringing rucksacks into the ground. Apparently bags no larger than A4 size allowed!

Is that right??? You can't bring your own food or drink (non-alcoholic obviously) into the ground? 

1 hour ago, Fat Cigar said:

I do know, that if you take a bottle of pop or coke in, they used to take the bottle top off,...since the bomb, security might have gone tighter........... the answer is I don't know sorry........ to be sure phone the club

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Won’t be taking the boy then no bag means no fruit change of clothes , toys and drinks or iPad for when he gets bored ... no bags is a stupid idea worlds gone mad ... 

I get young kids get bored but surely if they aren't that into football you shouldn't be dragging them up to Manchester on a mid week? 

I'm also pretty sure they will sell food and drink at the ethiad 

12 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I’ve never understood the bottle top ban ....

shake a bottle of Coke up with the lid on and feel how hard it goes. if you then launh that at players or fans you could do some serious damage

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

1 hour ago, phantom said:

It is, but after what happened at the Manchester arena, I'm not sure we can really be critical of this choice at The Etihad

think bengalcubs taking the Michael phants...........

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How about the top tier Alan .

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I just looked at a photo of the third tier from the pitch upwards, and it does look as though there are banners hanging down at the game that was photo'd ....... so  I'd say it's a yes 

1 minute ago, Alanthemanc said:

I just looked at a photo of the third tier from the pitch upwards, and it does look as though there are banners hanging down at the game that was photo'd ....... so  I'd say it's a yes 

Do you think it would be acceptable to hang a Man Ure fan that we kidnapped before Christmas , over the front of tier 3 ?

Archived