IGNORED

Courtinho To Barca £142m!

One Team

How many games is he going to play for Barca?  A front three of Messi, Suarez and the returning Dembele, and a midfield of Rakitic, Busquets and Iniesta. Game time may be limited. 

As for Liverpool splashing on Maher’s, hope they’re not paying too much for one of the most overrated players in the Prem. 

17 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

How many games is he going to play for Barca?  A front three of Messi, Suarez and the returning Dembele, and a midfield of Rakitic, Busquets and Iniesta. Game time may be limited. 

As for Liverpool splashing on Maher’s, hope they’re not paying too much for one of the most overrated players in the Prem. 

Over rated? He has had more goals and assists than Hazard and Coutinho since August 2015, for Leicester as well.

Taking in to consideration some of the points above, still find it strange Liverpool have told him he can leave in this transfer window. He’s their player and under contract so should have told him he can leave in the summer. Not a lot of difference five months is gonna make especially being cup tied for the champions league. Just missed a chance to possible win it with Liverpool. Know that’s a long shot, but still better than no shot with Barcelona as he won’t be playing.

5 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Game time will not be limited. Look at his price tag

2 minutes ago, CIDER NOT CIDRE said:

That's unbelievable money. Class player, but I refuse to accept anyone will ever be worth that much!

To put it in perspective the Royal Navy are potentially selling one of our capital ships; HMS Ocean to Brazil for £84million.

How much would you say Coutinho is worth then?  Half a ship?

10 minutes ago, CIDER NOT CIDRE said:

That's unbelievable money. Class player, but I refuse to accept anyone will ever be worth that much!

To put it in perspective the Royal Navy are potentially selling one of our capital ships; HMS Ocean to Brazil for £84million.

How many Prem assists has HMS Ocean got ? 

it's all mad money at the top. Not sure how much Coutinho has thought through the timing of this. There is a World Cup in the summer and you'd have to wonder how much first team action he's get. He certainly wont be getting any Champions League action.

Double V D has made a good move - and Saints collect a fat profit.

13 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not that surprising really. When you’re a top club like Barcelona, there’s probably only a pool of 5 players worldwide immediately good enough for your first team in each position.

Selling clubs know this, so there’s a premium.

Coutinho will become a superstar there in my opinion. Class player who’ll get better in a team like Barcelona.

Whilst I agree with everyone that it's silly money, I agree with you too. The top players in the world are irreplaceable. I can understand this more than some players I have never heard of being quoted in the  £50-70m bracket....

48 minutes ago, CIDER NOT CIDRE said:

But fat couch potatoes don't pay sky £50 a month to watch ships. 

35 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

it's all mad money at the top. Not sure how much Coutinho has thought through the timing of this. There is a World Cup in the summer and you'd have to wonder how much first team action he's get. He certainly wont be getting any Champions League action.

Double V D has made a good move - and Saints collect a fat profit.

Second most expensive player ever is going to be picked

46 minutes ago, Judda said:

Whilst I agree with everyone that it's silly money, I agree with you too. The top players in the world are irreplaceable. I can understand this more than some players I have never heard of being quoted in the  £50-70m bracket....

More staggering in my opinion is that we had virtually signed Harry Maguire for peanuts and then tried to be clever and eventually Hull lost patience .

I see in the paper that he may well be the subject of a £50 m bid during this transfer window.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5284364/harry-maguire-manchester-city-leicester-50m-bid/

4 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

More staggering in my opinion is that we had virtually signed Harry Maguire for peanuts and then tried to be clever and eventually Hull lost patience .

I see in the paper that he may well be the subject of a £50 m bid during this transfer window.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5284364/harry-maguire-manchester-city-leicester-50m-bid/

Not sure if we were close to getting him 

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Not sure if we were close to getting him 

The rumour going around at the time was that SC wanted him and a fee had been agreed between the 2 clubs . We then started to negotiate downwards on the agreed fee and Hull lost interest.

Apparently SC went ballistic.

Not sure of the absolute truth in this version but was certainly doing the rounds  - 

54 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I'd rather have Courtinho than 3 Maguires in my team. Nothing against Maguire but Courtinho wins games with moments of magic...

57 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

How good would it be though if when an opposition striker is bearing down in a one on one with Frankie he could just shout `expelliarmus` and the player just disappears.

Reckon that's what the goalie did with Baz Savage - just he used the bambionicearamus spell.

Archived