IGNORED

LJ - Stoke Shortlist

tinman85

It's all still to do and be done, here. The future is full of possibility.

Stoke have done just about all they can hope for (PL, finishing 9th, losing the Cup final, a few games in Europe, crocking Ramsey and upsetting Arsenal), and, frankly, everyone's a bit tired of Stoke (yawn) now.

Their fans shout really, really loud though; something we can aspire to there.

1 minute ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Exactly. As soon as I read Hughes had been sacked I thought LJ would be said to be "on the shortlist" , no pun intended.

He’s going to be linked with almost every job that becomes available at the ‘big’ teams in the Champ and the mid to low Prem teams, we just have to get used to it.

Lazy journalism and bookies will always link a young English manager doing well.

Lee Johnson is likely to be on the shortlist for a lot of clubs. I can’t see him going at the moment and I think Stoke will go for someone with a track record in the premier league.

To be fair to Stoke though, they are quite loyal to their managers. I actually think it is one of the more attractive lower league teams for a manager simply because they give managers money and time to build something. They’ve had three managers in 15 and a half years. By contrast we have had 9 in that time. Watford have had 14! It’s actually a decent job for someone - don’t think it will be LJ though.

1 minute ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’d imagine LJ would then be on Derby’s shortlist, former player and all. 

Hopefully we’ve got enough going on to stave Derby off, but wouldn’t surprise me if they took a run at him. 

Good point. Though can’t see LJ a) wanting to leave anytime soon b) going to another championship side.

16 hours ago, Alessandro said:

Good point. Though can’t see LJ a) wanting to leave anytime soon b) going to another championship side.

I cannot see LJ walking out on us for a promotion rival - particularly as he probably has a better shot at going up with us, in so far as that he knows the players here, has the squad he wants and has everyone working to the system he wants and he would have very little time to implement all that at Derby if he were to keep them on track.

Stoke would be doing us a massive favour going for Rowett though. Let’s hope they do it!

Archived