IGNORED

3-5-2

zookeeper

To me 3-5-2 means that we play three centre backs and two wingbacks at the back, either 3 midfielders or 2 midfielders and an attacking midfielder and two strikers.

Does it mean anything else to other people?

Only saying this cos I am getting bored or people saying that our squad lacks wingers and full backs??!! :@

Carey would have had to played either wing back or the right side of the back three.

Aarron would have had to play centre mid, attacking mid or wing back.

Rant over!

I was about to post something similar myself Zookeeper. All this talk of wingers and full backs is a waste of time if we are to play the formation that Tins has indicated we will ie 3-5-2

I'd imagine that Mickey Bell with be on the left side with Craig Woodman as cover (Matty H could not be a wing back, his forward play is not up to it so he will be competiting for a back 3 spot, just as he used to when we played this formation previously)

Scotty Murray will play on the right with possibly Kevin Amankwaah also pushing for that position. I used to enjoy Kev's marauding runs up field (As someone pointed out he can of couse be equally comfortable in the back 3)

Dead right.

There is no such thing as a full-back in a 3-5-2 - only centre-backs with favoured sides.

As such, we have Hill (fingers crossed), Fortune, Butler & Coles as first choices, followed by Amankwaah when he gets fit.

I haven't mentioned the kids but they could step in if necessary.

Bell and Woodman are the left wing-backs, Murray and Amankwaah when fit are the right, though Roberts could have a go at that role too. Anyinsah is the youth option there.

Provided Hill signs, I'm not that worried, though I still think we need another central midfielder as we will be playing 3 every game and only have Tinnion, Orr & Doherty there as Wilkshire is away. A striker could drop back or Fortune move up but I'd like one more out-and-out midfielder.

They don't in a 3-5-2, but they are their anyway so I wrote it just to shut people up, we have plenty of players.

I think Amankwaah's best position is on the right side of a back three and I think he'll be used there when he comes back.

that's okay then.

If you think his position is right sided centre back then please call him that.

Archived