IGNORED

Ryan Kent - recalled from Freiburg, and now signed on loan.

Dastardly and Muttley

10 minutes ago, Sticks said:

He cost us the goal made no effort what's so ever to track back, actually stood on half way line until he realised he better make a jog back and just strutted around with attitude. Didn't want to run in behind and when he did ball goes out for goal kick when Joe Bryan was the simple ball to get cross in. 

Hope I'm proved wrong but really think Johnson has got his work cut out. Lazy 20 minute cameo and doesn't look like current BCFC DNA. Wouldn't normally judge a player this quick but he really annoyed me today.

I was shocked at how poor and lacklustre he was today, kick and run merchant who didn't want to defend and cost us their goal by not simply tracking back. Red flag for me was when he mysteriously returned from Germany with no real reason given. Really hope I am wrong and that he was nervous or rusty but that had to be one of the worst debuts I have ever seen !!

Some embarassing, ridiculous comments on here about Kent. The lad has spent 5 mins with his new team mates, not trained with us, not played a full game for some time and probably had a brief chat with Lee or Dean about the way we play. For christ sake give him a proper chance. Hope he has a stormer v Derby and scores the winner to shut you lot up. 

12 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Surprised at the number of people in this thread judging a player on barely half an hour.  He clearly has ability, just needs a bit of sharpness and to find the team's rhythm.  No need for the over reactions.

It's not so much over reactions in my opinion. The guy clearly has talent, he ran at defenders really well, that is fine. The worst part was the complete lack of work ethic. It was only half an hour as you say but he just made no runs, no pressuring, nothing. As Taylor and Korey were running at the defenders when out of possession he was just stood there. Bryan was running down the left wing, and at that point Kent should be sprinting down the touchline, but again, stood there. Every time he had the ball he was greedy and didn't pass in attacking positions. He just looked pure Premier League prima donna who expected the ball to be given to him. By the end of the game you could tell Bryan had lost faith in passing to him, and Matty Taylor was even having a go at him at one point for not running into space.

Thankfully that can be coached, but for me he was the polar opposite to Hörður Magnússon. Maggers isn't as comfortable on the ball, and isn't the best player in the team, but he puts 110% in every week and the fans love him for it. No time for zero effort.

I'm sure he will come good, but that attitude stunk for me.

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Some embarassing, ridiculous comments on here about Kent. The lad has spent 5 mins with his new team mates, not trained with us, not played a full game for some time and probably had a brief chat with Lee or Dean about the way we play. For christ sake give him a proper chance. Hope he has a stormer v Derby and scores the winner to shut you lot up. 

Were you at the game ?

18 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

He will not be playing versus Derby (apart from a 5 minute cameo to save the fine). Weeks of work needed on today's showing.

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

Surprised at the number of people in this thread judging a player on barely half an hour.  He clearly has ability, just needs a bit of sharpness and to find the team's rhythm.  No need for the over reactions.

I'm not surprised in the slightest. Par for the course with some of the absolute clueless ***** on here.

Whilst the lad wasn’t the greatest I have to say, some of the comments here are ludicrous. 

Firstly, someone commented that Bryan was screaming for Kent to overlap him, whereas I saw on a couple of occasions the complete opposite. A couple of times Kent had the ball and looked round expecting Bryan to overlap into space but he was just standing there waiting for Kent to pass back to him. 

Also, Kent, Korey & Taylor on 3 separate occasions had to berate Bryan for poor passes down the line or into a channel. 

Finally, for their goal, correct me if I’m wrong but the only player of theirs down our whole left quarter of the pitch their full back. We had our CB’s perfectly set so why Bryan was tucked so far in, literally 2 yards away from Baker, I have no idea. Bryan should have gone out to meet their player, he was after all the only Norwich player in the vicinity and that should be Bryan’s area to patrol if there is no immediate danger to the CB’s. 

As it was, Kent actually DID track back and faced up their player, which is what forces him into playing it back rather than crossing it. So those saying he was lazy and didn’t track back need to actually watch it again, as he did, so you’re wrong. How could he be accused of not tracking back when he’s the one who prevents the cross?? 

Then, once it goes back to Maddison, Pack, Baker & Flint all make an effort to close him down. Bryan just stands in the same spot, covering no one and doing nothing. He’s actually happily watched both his centre backs come out of their positions to close the danger down whilst done nothing himself. 

Sorry, look at it and understand that Kent does track, Bryan does eff-all for the whole of their attack. 

I know that the reason I've paid my season ticket money is to be entertained....Ryan Kent is that sort of player I want to see!

He's not in the team to defend or track back , he's there to attack directly.

Im surprised and embarrassed by some of these clueless comments. 

22 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I know that the reason I've paid my season ticket money is to be entertained....Ryan Kent is that sort of player I want to see!

He's not in the team to defend or track back , he's there to attack directly.

Im surprised and embarrassed by some of these clueless comments. 

Look, he had an absolute shocker today, and no reason why people can’t mention that. I hope he finds his feet quickly, but he was truly awful this afternoon.

And Sorry, all players have to defend and track back sometimes.

I've held my tongue on this one til now, but FFS  the young man only joined this week, it's clearly going to take a bit before he gets to know the set up and stuff.

Have you come here tonight and put the boot in?  Own up now, because if you have.. i think YOU have had a bad day at the office and more so than Ryan TBH

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Whilst the lad wasn’t the greatest I have to say, some of the comments here are ludicrous. 

Firstly, someone commented that Bryan was screaming for Kent to overlap him, whereas I saw on a couple of occasions the complete opposite. A couple of times Kent had the ball and looked round expecting Bryan to overlap into space but he was just standing there waiting for Kent to pass back to him. 

Also, Kent, Korey & Taylor on 3 separate occasions had to berate Bryan for poor passes down the line or into a channel. 

Finally, for their goal, correct me if I’m wrong but the only player of theirs down our whole left quarter of the pitch their full back. We had our CB’s perfectly set so why Bryan was tucked so far in, literally 2 yards away from Baker, I have no idea. Bryan should have gone out to meet their player, he was after all the only Norwich player in the vicinity and that should be Bryan’s area to patrol if there is no immediate danger to the CB’s. 

As it was, Kent actually DID track back and faced up their player, which is what forces him into playing it back rather than crossing it. So those saying he was lazy and didn’t track back need to actually watch it again, as he did, so you’re wrong. How could he be accused of not tracking back when he’s the one who prevents the cross?? 

Then, once it goes back to Maddison, Pack, Baker & Flint all make an effort to close him down. Bryan just stands in the same spot, covering no one and doing nothing. He’s actually happily watched both his centre backs come out of their positions to close the danger down whilst done nothing himself. 

Sorry, look at it and understand that Kent does track, Bryan does eff-all for the whole of their attack. 

Spot on - Bryan was very poor today offensively and defensively. 

24 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Look, he had an absolute shocker today, and no reason why people can’t mention that. I hope he finds his feet quickly, but he was truly awful this afternoon.

And Sorry, all players have to defend and track back sometimes.

Or Lee could stop ****** g about with whether Joe is full back or left wing. Tonight I would feel well pissed off if i were Hörður Magnússon. Should've started , for me

What is interesting is blaming him for the goal - did he not track back or was he simply expecting our left back to be 40 yards behind him covering the run - where was JB at this time? I know where he should have been.

Secondly, even if he had tracked back or our left back was in his proper position - would they have stopped the 10 yard pass to the unchallenged run of the goal scorer? Where the shitting hell was the central midfielder tracking his run or is that our left wingers job too?

Simple fact is many players switched off for 5 seconds and that unfortunately is all quality players need to punish you !!

I was sat in Dolman E28 row 6 so had a good look at Kent. He was struggling positionally in and out of possession. Was visably very emotional and a few poor touches and missed vision of passes coming his way meant he started over trying. Not that I think he’s not a good player in anyway - needs time. Also, Norwich defensive line sat deep but their midfield and striker were pressing high so quite frankly our whole midfield got exposed on any cross field pass whole game. I do agree that Magnússon - Bryan partnership was missed today and we got exposed whole 90 minutes down that channel.

5 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Give the kid a chance. I doubt he even knows everyone's name yet, let alone how we play. I saw him turn 3 players inside out, at speed, and almost score (I didn't see anyone else do that today). Let's see how he is after he's got a bit of understanding with the rest of the team.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

We do that as a team a lot - instead of overlapping and running into space for the pass/ball we will instead stand there waiting for the return pass, expecting the player already furthest forward to then make a run and receive the ball. It slows our attacking play so much and is really frustrating to see, but it happens most of the time so is obviously coached. Maybe its so that the LB/RB midfielder is not caught out of position if the move fails, but it is frustrating.

Archived