IGNORED

For those travelling by car tomorrow

Barry

Give yourselves PLENTY of time. 

Being a journey I am very familiar with...... it’s one of those journeys that could take 3 hours,  but could just as easily take 5+, especially on a weekday afternoon/ evening with plenty of others making the same journey.

There are roadworks on the M5 just South of the junction with the M6 which could cause delays. There is also 17 miles of roadworks that seem to go on forever between Junction 16 & 19 of the M6 and its not uncommon for this to be quite slow.

There is however a new link road from J19 to the M56 which saves a bit of time. It can also be slow getting onto the M60 from the M56 and the M60 itself gets pretty slow around rush hour. If you are going to the City Centre, stay in the right hand lanes and this leads to the road to take you towards the city centre.

Couldn’t comment on the area around the Etihad as I don’t really know it.

Hope this advice is helpful and not teaching people to suck eggs.

Anyone on here got some advice on when to leave via car (M5 & then M6)? I have an important meeting in work and can't leave till 2pm - is anyone on here regularly make this journey and can advise on whether I'll be sound? I'm expecting to be there anytime from 5.30-7.00pm...

Having read the above & considering Google advises it'll take anywhere from 3hrs right through to 5&halfI think I'll be OK.

Archived