IGNORED

The 7860

RaspberryRed

Small point on the standing front.

Maybe it's a false memory but I am fairly sure I remember large chunks- definitely around and behind me in the Atyeo and the East End (as always) and the away fans surely, standing for long periods in the playoff v Palace 10 years back and especially in extra time. Is it a false memory? It surely helped the atmosphere and such. Dare say decent chunks of the Dolman would have been too as well as E Block Williams which was usually fairly vocal (the bit that faced the away fans).

Wonder if that will be replicated a week on Tuesday? I definitely seem to recall it and for markedly longer than the usual 'moments of excitement' rule/guidance.

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

In over 40 seasons, only Forest away came close to the backing on Tuesday, even Anfield in 1994 didn't IMHO.

I think Anfield was far more intense and raucous, but that's because we won the tie on the night and everything was riding on one game. That said, Man. City was a staggeringly loud and enjoyable experience. Hoping for more of the same at The Gate.

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

And not all the posts were praising the Bristol City fans' singing and general demeanour.

'I was in 115 row L and could hear them loud and clear. They must be rich with the amount of coins they threw down at us must of been the first few rows of second tier, added when they scored a penalty one decided to throw (or maybe drop) a oasis bottle with no lid on that hit an old fella. 

Also, whoever was in row m with a black leather jacket and city scarf should be ashamed calling Yaya a black bastard.'

Disgraceful and an embarrassment to the club if true.

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 20:26, BobBobSuperBob said:

And btw PF the steepness of the top tier was as steep as I’ve seen ;)

It reminded me of the top tier at the Millennium Stadium.

Didn't seem as high or as many steps as Newcastle. Was quite surprised to get to the top and think is that it.

At Newcastle it feels like your set back a bit from the pitch, at the Etihad I felt as if I was right on top of the pitch.

What was with the random rows of netted off seats? Not just at the front of the stand but just dotted around the top tier. Could have fitted in a few hundred more had they not been netted off. 

Actually now I think about it the row behind me was netted off at kick off but then by half time the row was filled up with fans. I had assumed the empty rows may have been to stop any domino effect from everyone standing but now starting to think they were left like this for fans who couldn't get into their allocated seat?

10 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

And not all the posts were praising the Bristol City fans' singing and general demeanour.

'I was in 115 row L and could hear them loud and clear. They must be rich with the amount of coins they threw down at us must of been the first few rows of second tier, added when they scored a penalty one decided to throw (or maybe drop) a oasis bottle with no lid on that hit an old fella. 

Also, whoever was in row m with a black leather jacket and city scarf should be ashamed calling Yaya a black bastard.'

You do realise the last paragraph is referring to a Man City fan?

27 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You do realise the last paragraph is referring to a Man City fan?

Truthfully, I wasn't sure, although I did wonder.

Blatant, odious racism aside, I always think there is something cringing and embarrassingly ironic when a supporter of one team makes such a comment about opposition players when their own team has players of a similar colour whom they consider heroes.  

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I was in the front row of tier 2 (block 216) and didn't see anything thrown at the home fans. I didn't see any aggression at all tbh from either side.

It was one of the most friendly away grounds, and cities I have ever been to. 

Some places you wouldn't be able to take over the city and wouldn't come across friendly locals. Leeds for example.

5 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I was in the front row of tier 2 (block 216) and didn't see anything thrown at the home fans. I didn't see any aggression at all tbh from either side.

I was right at the front too, might've been block 216 as well mind, but didn't see anything get lobbed by anyone.

Archived