IGNORED

Bobby Reid, you are simply sensational

reddogkev

RE the Europe quote - In fairness to him, at the time I believe it was a direct response to Darrell Clarke's answer at a BBC Sport forum. The question both were asked was something like 'where do you see your club in 5 years' and Clarke's answer was 'with a new training ground, new stadium, competitive in the championship' or something. LJ's immediate answer was 'I want us to be in Europe in 5 years'.

I think basically it was to illustrate the difference in ambition between the two clubs. When he expanded on the answer he said..

Johnson said City aim to "fast-track" efforts to emulate Swansea and Stoke, who have both featured in Europe's second-tier competition in recent years.

"We'll give it a right good go, that's for sure," said Johnson at Tuesday's BBC Radio Bristol & BBC Somerset sports forum.

"I believe it as well. I believe it is putting pressure on everybody at the club and we can deal with that pressure.

"Yes it will be very, very difficult, but why not? We're ready to go. Bristol is a fantastic city.

"I love the city, and the club, to bits. It's an amazing new stadium that will only get better as well."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36962717

LJ loves the quote 'If not now, then when? If not you, then who?' and it's up around the ground and at the training pitch. It's just the mentality we've got at the club now. We're not scared of any challenge. As LJ was saying yesterday, Man City are just "11 humans" (:facepalm:) and despite that cringey term he basically means we shouldn't be overawed.

Obviously Europe in 5 years is incredibly ambitious. But I think he was just trying to show that we have serious intent to achieve as much as we can (with a little dig at Rovers at the same time!)

I’m more than happy to eat Humble Pie and say I’m sorry Bobby, I was one of those who questioned him scoring goals this season (even after his bright start) and before this season never really thought he was anything special. 

His improvement has just been phenomenal, he’s not the biggest striker but very clever in tight situations and generally looks to hold up ball using quick floor control before bringing others into the game. His shooting technique (watch how he hits the ball much better) and accuracy is still improving, but like most have said it’s his work rate and tenancity which really makes him shine. It’s interesting that potentially he’s better playing the furthest forward rather than behind the striker role, so LJ has decisions when Diedhiou and Djruric come back. 

That's what I was was most impressed with last night: despite his size, his ability to hold the ball up. His first touch was usually sublime and was clever in tight areas. This was the invaluable to the team as it allowed us out and to get a breather. 

No doubt we exerted all our energy again and will lose 4-0 on sat. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

RE the Europe quote - In fairness to him, at the time I believe it was a direct response to Darrell Clarke's answer at a BBC Sport forum. The question both were asked was something like 'where do you see your club in 5 years' and Clarke's answer was 'with a new training ground, new stadium, competitive in the championship' or something. LJ's immediate answer was 'I want us to be in Europe in 5 years'.

I think basically it was to illustrate the difference in ambition between the two clubs. When he expanded on the answer he said..

LJ loves the quote 'If not now, then when? If not you, then who?' and it's up around the ground and at the training pitch. It's just the mentality we've got at the club now. We're not scared of any challenge. As LJ was saying yesterday, Man City are just "11 humans" (:facepalm:) and despite that cringey term he basically means we shouldn't be overawed.

Obviously Europe in 5 years is incredibly ambitious. But I think he was just trying to show that we have serious intent to achieve as much as we can (with a little dig at Rovers at the same time!)

When he said the "Europe in 5 years" thing he did laugh afterwards and say he was half joking.

Archived