IGNORED

Tinman And Carey

EmersonsKev

Tinmans interview on city world he was seriously critical of Louis's agents role. The Agent was looking for a payment for Louis to resign this was the main reason that he didnt sign. The Agent is activly aproaching our players who are under contract trying to find them new clubs to make himself a quick buck. This cant be right!

Tinman also stated that anyone who is at this club for money alone wont be here long. He only wants players who want to play for this club.

Who are thse agents anyway, I don't know much about them? Are they ex-players or businessmen/women who see the players as a mealticket?

Any payment should be between a player and his agent, not between the club and the agent. I can see why the players use these people to sort out contracts and negotiate a good deal, some of which must be quite complicated when clauses are included. But it seems in many cases now the 'user' is becomming the 'used'. :D

Tinman was saying that Louis had known the agent a matter of weeks and had never dealt with 1 in the past. How can a agent demand a fee for him signing for a club whos brought him through the ranks?

because almost all agents are money grabbing (I tried to say a naughty word) who dont give a toss about thier players or the clubs.. just look at the harry kewell move from leeds to liverpool.. Kewell's agent got £2 million for that deal...

City are a lot better than that. I saw some published figures the other week, city paid £11,500 last season to agents... Derby paid the highest last season outside of the Prem.. i think it was about £200,000...

Agents lure players in with the promise of more money/bonuses etc and hardly ever tell them the sort of fees they demand from clubs..

because almost all agents are money grabbing (I tried to say a naughty word) who dont give a toss about thier players or the clubs.. just look at the harry kewell move from leeds to liverpool.. Kewell's agent got £2 million for that deal...

Next Question. How do I become an agent then, I'll do ANYTHING for £2 Mill! :D

On second thoughts, I say good on our club by not being held to randsom by these people and players they represent. I'm glad we took a tough stance, we might loose out occasionally but the message will get around that we are not an easy touch.

Nice to see some open passion from tinman in his interview on City world aswell. Not seen that for sometime from a city manager.

That is one thing that you never could or will ever be able to question about tins.. he's got more passion for this club than I have seen anyone else have for a very very long time!

City are a lot better than that. I saw some published figures the other week, city paid £11,500 last season to agents... Derby paid the highest last season outside of the Prem.. i think it was about £200,000...

Agents lure players in with the promise of more money/bonuses etc and hardly ever tell them the sort of fees they demand from clubs..

I still fail to see why we (or any club) should pay anything at all to an agent.

They represent the player and not the club. The onus should be on the player to pay all of his agent's fees.

However, I guess the way that it works is that the club pays a form of Golden Hello to the agent for brokering any deals.

I still fail to see why we (or any club) should pay anything at all to an agent.

They represent the player and not the club.  The onus should be on the player to pay all of his agent's fees. 

However, I guess the way that it works is that the club pays a form of Golden Hello to the agent for brokering any deals.

Absolutely right.

From a financial perspective, Louis would have made more money by staying with us (ignoring the 'playing at a higher level' argument, as Louis never really made an issue of that), as he would have been entitled to a testimonial during the contract he rejected at City.

However, the agent stood to make nothing from that deal, so will have steered Louis towards a move, rather than staying and enjoying a lucrative tax-free windfall, in my opinion.

I think the main reason he didn't sign was because he was told not to bother turning up for pre-season training, I think that pretty much made his mind up by the sounds of it (his interview).

If that is the case then that is stupid and childish... and I belive that is not the reason. I belive that Tins has stated in an interview that the main reason Carey didnt sign was because his NEW agent demanded a fee for signing, which city/tins rightly told him to F-off over, then this agent managed to get coventry to offer a slightly better contract, which the agent then talked Carey in to signing... Edson is right, if he had a good testimonial commitee then he could of outweighed the slight increase of a wage with a higher testimonial fund.. But the agent would of got bugger all for that.. hence the reason he signed for them...

Lets be fair agents just want players to move club so they get lots of money. I personally think agents are a waste of most players money. And if a player wants to stay and play for one club for the whole of his career why does he need a agent surely the player knows how much money he wants to get payed in his contract more than the agent does

Guest monster red

Agents are a problem in the game but lets all remember Louis is a fully grown man and could of decided for himself, it's all to easy to blame his agent for Louis moving on but if he really wanted to play for our beloved club he would of signed weeks ago!!

Louis is simply looking for a quick buck nevermind who he plays for, sad really, especially after all his bleating about being a proud Bristolian blah blah blah!!

When he's playing reserve team football for Coventry next season I wonder then if the extra few quid will feel all that important,we'll see..........

Anyway lets look forward,tomorrow we see Heffernan,Orr & Gillespie start in a Bristol City shirt for the first time!! really looking forward to seeing how they get on..

:D :Confused13: :)

I hope none of the other city players have this agent.

On that note, I interviewed Liam Rosenoir last season and his agent, Mike Drew, was with him. He happened to mention he also represents Marvin Brown, Aaron Brown and..... Matthew Hill.

On that note, I interviewed Liam Rosenoir last season and his agent, Mike Drew, was with him. He happened to mention he also represents Marvin Brown, Aaron Brown and..... Matthew Hill.

:)

Thanks for that! I was feeling positive that Matty would stay until I read that. Now I have a feeling of dread. :grr: Why is this contract signing taking so long???? I keep telling myself that it is because of his age, ie we maybe entitled to some compensation so nobody is in a rush to resolve anything.But now hearing about his representive...have City upset him in the past? Not looking good. :D

Please let me be wrong (just this once! :grr: ).

Just found this.

http://www.sportentertainmentmedia.com/clientdiv.htm

Archived