IGNORED

Edinburgh Airport

Jockmcwurzel

I used to be signed up to OTIB but for the last few years have been in and out as a guest. Always great to read a lot of great opinions and also some utter sh*t ones!

Unfortunately, I’ve been moved from country to country with work and due to being half English-Bristolian/half Scottish my friends call me JockMcwurzel. I’m living in Edinburgh now and currently sat in Edinburgh airport waiting on the sleazy jet 0850 to Bristol to watch the game this afternoon. I make as many games as possible but obviously it’s a pretty expensive effort! 

The worst such long trip experience ive had in recent years was the 0-6 thrashing by Cardiff in 2010. On that occasion I invited a Motherwell fan of mine down when I was living in Stirling. We wanted to make it an all dayer but it turned into a nightmare. My brothers car broke down on the motorway on the way to Edinburgh airport so we had to change to a flight from Glasgow in the afternoon. My brothers girlfriends car then got a flat tyre on the way to Glasgow airport - I changed it and ended up just making to the flight covered in shit. The game was then a disaster to the point we found the whole day comical in the end. Story still comes up in the pub when we meet up regularly - esp. with other fans. Ross McCormack... pr&*k!

Anyway, the desire to make these trips grows greater when we are playing great football, with courage and spirit. With a great stadium and fans filling it. 

COYR. 

Archived