IGNORED

Liam Walsh

steviestevieneville

Thought Walsh had a good game. Wanted ,and got,  the ball a lot and when he didn’t he went looking for it, always available for a pass. Grew in confidence as the game went on and when he went off we didn’t look so good. ( not that we looked great by a long way.

Kent on the other hand looked terrified and visibly went in on himself after a few bad balls. His time will come, he is raved about by other fans so he must have something. 

I think he's just the sort of midfield player we've all been craving for.

Considering his age (20) LJ has the confidence to put him in immediately which must say something about his undoubted qualities. 

Although we lost yesterday the squad already looks stronger.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎13 at 11:03, steviestevieneville said:

Thought I’d start a positive thread as some on here are in meltdown after a few defeats. :disapointed2se:

i thought the young lad looked quality today especially second half . Quick feet , two footed, brilliant dead ball delivery, great vision and gets stuck in. The lad is/will be a great signing. 

yep looks like hes gonna be a goodun, my only issue was the simple short pass, 3 or 4 times he didn't complete but that's all

I thought Walsh looked ok...nothing better than what City have already. Some people saying he was 'brilliant' but I do remember him loosing the ball on numerous occasions, especially when Norwich went through and ball went wide of the post.

I was very surprised to see him start the Norwich game and the formation changed to fit him in, big mistake for me.

Dropping Mags and pushing Bryan to left back killed off Bryan's recent brilliant attacking attributes.

Patterson going out on the left, he never got into the game. I bet he was pretty annoyed.

The recent formation and line has been working brilliantly recently. Why change it for an unproven player in Walsh who has more league 2 experience and has not been part of City's brilliant squad.

Bring him in slowly...see what happens, but changing it against Norwich for him was mistake.

Fingers crossed he's on the bench come Friday.

Also..This player must of gone under the radar....why haven't other clubs picked him if he's that good. Not sure what his impact was at Yeovil!!

28 minutes ago, chevron12345 said:

I thought Walsh looked ok...nothing better than what City have already. Some people saying he was 'brilliant' but I do remember him loosing the ball on numerous occasions, especially when Norwich went through and ball went wide of the post.

I was very surprised to see him start the Norwich game and the formation changed to fit him in, big mistake for me.

Dropping Mags and pushing Bryan to left back killed off Bryan's recent brilliant attacking attributes.

Patterson going out on the left, he never got into the game. I bet he was pretty annoyed.

The recent formation and line has been working brilliantly recently. Why change it for an unproven player in Walsh who has more league 2 experience and has not been part of City's brilliant squad.

Bring him in slowly...see what happens, but changing it against Norwich for him was mistake.

Also..This player must of gone under the radar....why haven't other clubs picked him if he's that good. Not sure what his impact was at Yeovil!!

Numerous occasions?

21 hours ago, WECANDO said:

I cannot understand the negativity about Walsh. It was a brilliant debut. His passing was accurate, he made the tackles and some of the skill had us raving. I think at home we should play 442 with Patterson pushing forward with Reid. We need  Diediou and Djuric back to help Reid. 

I think the main issue was Johnson upsetting the balance of the side to get Walsh in....a mistake imo.

I agree with the comment that LJ might of upset the balance of the team. But our players desperately need a rest so had LJ say, left out Smith for Walsh, would that have gone down well with fans. Walsh did give the ball away here and there as did others, but the level of skill he displayed was brilliant. He also took corners which were good plus free kicks. Perhaps there is a need for rotation now.

6 hours ago, chevron12345 said:

Before the injuries pato was playing left and joe left back so they just reverted to their original positions and Walsh never gave the ball away numerous times , it was  2 or 3 at most. Also every player gives the ball away even messi so stating that is ridiculous imo 

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Before the injuries pato was playing left and joe left back so they just reverted to their original positions and Walsh never gave the ball away numerous times , it was  2 or 3 at most. Also every player gives the ball away even messi so stating that is ridiculous imo 

Lost me there..recent impressive performances have been with Bryan left mid, Mags left back. Mags was not injured, why drop him?..to accommodate Walsh. Well I counted 5 times, only two more than you..maybe you were at the toilet.....? If want Bryan stuck at left back, and pato stuck out wide then you haven’t been watching recent performances before Norwich.

6 hours ago, chevron12345 said:

I remember Pack, Smith, Bryan, Reid, Brownhill, Patterson and Wright doing the same at various points during the game, it was normally due to over complicating the passing or as LJ put it far better than I "trying to score the perfect goal".

Working brilliantly apart memorably against Villa.

Pack is one booking away from a suspension and I can just see the reaction of people if LJ had waited for that suspension to occur.

Obviously under your radar Yeovil fans along with Everton fans rated him highly.

PS:- is it just me here 4 posts and all of them anti?

14 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I remember Pack, Smith, Bryan, Reid, Brownhill, Patterson and Wright doing the same at various points during the game, it was normally due to over complicating the passing or as LJ put it far better than I "trying to score the perfect goal".

Working brilliantly apart memorably against Villa.

Pack is one booking away from a suspension and I can just see the reaction of people if LJ had waited for that suspension to occur.

Obviously under your radar Yeovil fans along with Everton fans rated him highly.

PS:- is it just me here 4 posts and all of them anti?

Anti what? Walsh? No..another potentially good squad player but waiting to see further like everyone.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

So you wouldn't have signed him?

Not saying that. Just wouldn’t of started him and dropped Mags.

2 hours ago, chevron12345 said:

Lost me there..recent impressive performances have been with Bryan left mid, Mags left back. Mags was not injured, why drop him?..to accommodate Walsh. Well I counted 5 times, only two more than you..maybe you were at the toilet.....? If want Bryan stuck at left back, and pato stuck out wide then you haven’t been watching recent performances before Norwich.

Well obviously you weren’t watching last season and this before the injuries. Joe was left back all last season and this and pato left mid. We’ve played mags at left back and joe left mid since the injuries. Do keep up 

Archived