IGNORED

Happy coincidence on a disappointing day.

Redtrojan

It’s not been a great day as far as results have gone,but this morning reminded me of the journey Bristol City supporters have always been through.

Went to antique fair at Shepton Mallet this morning,usual mixture of too expensive things and rubbish...........until I came across a chap selling football programmes,mostly old premier league clubs ,but right at the end a stack of Bristol City programmes from the 1970/71 season,I know not terribly exciting ...........unless as a five year old your first ever City game was home to Sheffield United that season ,and sure enough the programme was there and £1 later was in my hands.

Not much in it (few cigarette adverts,teams etc-Gerry gow playing at 11 not his later 4)and we lost 0-1 to set me up for a lifetime of no expectation as far as my football team is concerned .But I have loved every minute of it,enjoy the highs ,tolerate the lows always remember you and yours will always be Bristol City,long may the journey continue.

And that thin ancient programme sits in my house tonight and just the thought of it makes me happy.

Archived