IGNORED

City Shirt .

Portland Bill

Would just like to make a point about fans who live away from Bristol. I live about 40 miles away, and as my son wanted the new City shirt i decided to get it on line .A mate who wants his son to follow City ordered a shirt as well. What annoys me ( some people will say its only a small amount of money ) is the fact we get charged £5 postage :D and not the £1.66 it actually cost ! :).

City dont do themselves any favours,if my boy etc wants a Man yoo, :Sleep12: Arsenal,Liverpool etc etc shirt they can just go into any sports shop in Somerset and get it. When are we going to sell our shirt in places where the FLOATING fan can get it. There are a lot of people about who would buy one i am sure.

Anyway i just wanted to post this as i dont like to get ripped off with postage by anyone, especially by MY club. Rant over :grr::grr:

It would be a lot easier if city went back to the old days and sold there shirts in sports shops like rovers do, it might be ok for the fans who live near ashton gate but for me its quite a bit of a drive and going through town the traffics normally quite bad

If you buy anything on line you will be charged for postage and packaging.

It may only cost £1.66 to post but someone has to pay for the packaging materials and someone's time to pack it.

I think the argument against selling shirts in sports shops etc is that the club gets a smaller cut as they have to pay a hefty chunk of their profit to the sports shop.

It may be less convenient for the fans but at least by only selling them through the club we (City) get maximum profit.

Would just like to make a point about fans who live away from Bristol. I live about 40 miles away, and as my son wanted the new City shirt i decided to get it on line .A mate who wants his son to follow City ordered a shirt as well. What annoys me ( some people will say its only a small amount of money ) is the fact we get charged £5 postage :D  and not the £1.66 it actually cost ! :).

City dont do themselves any favours,if my boy etc wants a Man yoo,  :Sleep12: Arsenal,Liverpool etc etc shirt they can just go into any sports shop in Somerset and get it. When are we going to sell our shirt in places where the FLOATING fan can get it. There are a lot of people about who would buy one i am sure.

Anyway i just wanted to post this as i dont like to get ripped off with postage by anyone, especially by MY club. Rant over  :grr:  :grr:

did the price include any postal insurance / recorded delivery?

if not then yes it is expensive

That does sound alot, i bought a 70s city shirt

from toffs and they charged me £8 and i live in

the netherlands. I dread to think how much it

would cost for the away shirt to be sent to me.

Yeah it may sound like I'm being a tight B..... but its not good P R from the club. Ive got a life sentance supporting this club :grr::D , but my mrs and other not so committed City fans feel like they are being taken for a fool.She wants to give City negative (e-bay) feedback !! :)

Guest bristolbred

Living in Castle Donington, i buy my kids replica shirts on Ebay, and then tell them that they have the latest one, and the other kids have "old" versions on the kits!!, :)

This new season they will be wearing yellow and green, as well as the red and white, and Sandersons are the shirt sponsors!!, :D

Archived