IGNORED

Help save Hartlepool United

ZiderEyed

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Am I right in thinking that if Wayne Rooney gave one week’s wages they’d be saved? I’m not saying he should do that, it’s nothing to do with him...but if that’s true it just shows the ridiculous imbalance in the finances regarding ‘modern football’...

Think they'd be saved and have enough to buy a new starting XI!

Remember Bury begging to be saved a few years back and they ultimately were. Roll forward a few years later and once again they're spending far beyond their means and running up huge debts. Before long the same thing will happen again. For that reason I'm very hesitant of donating to a poorly ran football club. (Would be different if it was City).

Ultimately though if it all goes tits up the fans make a phoenix club and they find their way back in the end (See Wimbledon, Hereford, Darlington, Chester in recent years).

Sorry, but I'm happy to put my hand in my pocket for a worthy cause. And I have nothing against Hartlepool... but...

Any interest I have in helping them is immediately extinguished the moment someone mentions a player who could save them. It isn't their responsibiliy. It's the responsibility of their (likely) millionaire owner who has taken them beyond a position HE/SHE/THEY are comfortable supporting them, but it is THEIR decisions that has got them in to that position. 

Just because someone earns strong money they can't be expected to use it just because it's football.

6 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Remember Bury begging to be saved a few years back and they ultimately were. Roll forward a few years later and once again they're spending far beyond their means and running up huge debts. Before long the same thing will happen again. For that reason I'm very hesitant of donating to a poorly ran football club. (Would be different if it was City).

Ultimately though if it all goes tits up the fans make a phoenix club and they find their way back in the end (See Wimbledon, Hereford, Darlington, Chester in recent years).

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sorry, but I'm happy to put my hand in my pocket for a worthy cause. And I have nothing against Hartlepool... but...

Any interest I have in helping them is immediately extinguished the moment someone mentions a player who could save them. It isn't their responsibiliy. It's the responsibility of their (likely) millionaire owner who has taken them beyond a position HE/SHE/THEY are comfortable supporting them, but it is THEIR decisions that has got them in to that position. 

Just because someone earns strong money they can't be expected to use it just because it's football.

There was a very eloquent lady on TalkSport the other day talking about their plight.  She was fuming about the mIs-management, and how a small, locally subsistent club had got into such a mess.  I think she said they were still get 3k crowds.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

There was a very eloquent lady on TalkSport the other day talking about their plight.  She was fuming about the mIs-management, and how a small, locally subsistent club had got into such a mess.  I think she said they were still get 3k crowds.

What was her solution?

Archived