IGNORED

How do we get result at Derby?

barneyrubble

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I would agree but I think after we played probably the best counter attacking side on the planet at the Etihad and gave a good showing we have nothing to fear against Derby by playing this way.

The key difference is that Man City want possession of the ball more than Derby but if anything Derby's style suits us far more as we're good in possession. 

My worry is Tom Lawrence on that left hand side who I really rate. Aside from him and perhaps Vydra and Russell on their day, there's nothing that is particularly intimidating about their line up.

If they play a similar side to their last match against Birmingham, I fancy Flint and Baker to cope with Winnall quite well. His strengths are also their strengths.

I think their defence looks vulnerable, especially to agile and busy players like Paterson and Reid.

Don't see Man City as a counterattacking side primarily but I get what you're saying- they can do it all! Pass, press, counter and much more besides! Don't disagree tbh, the counterattack

Agree to a point- but 67% possession Villa had up at Derby...and lost...think they are capable of springing on us quite quick if we press high and pass. I expect they will let us have the ball a bit. Of course, goes without saying that Man City want it more than Derby- they are the highest possession side in Europe's major leagues! We are good on the ball for sure, but that can work both ways- mind you we're good on the break too so we have options (Exhibit A, our brilliant counterattack v Boro for the 2nd).

Yeah, agree on Derby's strengths and weaknesses and individual players- just wary of pushing on too much because Derby- they seem rather efficient to me.

Archived