IGNORED

Thatchers haze

Bcfccity

10 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Blackthorn

they never did recover from that flavour change, and thatchers nipped in and never looked back, can you even still get blackthorn? Does it still exist!?

Yes it still exists. They moved their operations to Ireland though.

11 hours ago, cheshire_red said:

I love spending a bit of time at Roger's. what a character. I followed a car in to the farm one day, left hand drive with a Belgium sticker on the back. Followed them in to the inner sanctum/barn. They asked to take some cider and Roger looked at them and said 'No, you can't have any'.  They looked confused and repeat they would like some cider. Roger looks at them and says 'You won't take our lamb so you can't have our cider either'. So as thy are walking away I tell Roger that they're not French but from Belgium. 'Same buggers' he replies.

If you're ever there for some cider get some extra tasty cheese too, simply divine.

Living in London I often find Aussie, American or other foreign workmates asking me for tips on where to visit in the West Country.  They often head down there for weekends away, with Bath and Cheddar being the main attractions.  I always, always tell them to head to Roger's if they have time. 

I bet he hates me.

12 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Any chance of a bit of Natch or Blackthorn instead please fella? 

Thatchers is our supplier of cider and natch / blackthorn is not supplied or produced by Thatchers.

i will however chat to the Thatchers rep and see if we can get a dryer cider again in the wedlock bar.

18 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Cheddar Valley. Now that's the brew to pull you on through.

Or Taunton Exhibition from the Tap.

i spent a year working in the tap when i left school in the early 90s. blimey, the stuff the exhibition would make those students do :o back in briz for the match at the weekend, buzzing at the thought of filling up down The Apple and The Orchard after!! 

Archived