IGNORED

Anybody else think we’ll win tonight?

Robin101

Wembley for the JPT was good...Wembley for an actual proper trophy with a list of winners that includes all the famous teams from the past 60 years (plus one or two infamous ones) would be incredible.

There is a chance, just a sliver of a chance, that we do this tonight. Everything crossed and may fortune favour the bold.

4 minutes ago, Man City in peace. said:

I'm not sure I would go as far as you will win, but I will definatley go with you can win, every game is a challenge and you proved to be more of a challenge than most a fortnight ago. Plus, Mangala will start!

You are clear clear favourites no doubt about it.

All I hope is that we can still be in with a shout at half time, if we are, then who knows!

I honestly think we can do it.  We and other teams have shown that Man City can be opened up, especially if we play our game of a high press.  Are we susceptible to the counter? Yes, but then so are they when they play high.  My concern is if we sit back, their interplay around the edge of the box could tear us apart.  Their little one touch plays with the tactic of dragging defenders and playing the backheels into players running onto the ball can give our keeper a tough night. 

So I expect that LJ will play our usual game and I’m confident that we can take the game to them.

COYR !!!

On 1/23/2018 at 11:14, ExiledAjax said:

What odds did that give? Isn't penalties pretty unlikely? Correct me if I am wrong but I think the only scoreline that leads to penalties is either 1-0 or 2-1 to us at FT - and it would then have to be 2-1 to us aet. 1-0 to us gives a result aet. Every other scoreline gives a result after normal time or aet.

I give you that home 2-1 is probably one of the more common scorelines in football, but I'd argue that this is no common game.

I believe it was pushing 50/1 (which could be so far off the mark). I can't remember for the life of me though, put it to the back of my mind!

Archived