IGNORED

The official Bristol City FC v Manchester City FC in the Carabao Cup match day thread

Septic Peg

2 hours ago, McfcOK said:

Good game of football nothing dirty enjoyed it. All the best for the season.

Flint asked Pep where his Stone Island badge was hahaha he takes it off in official matches for some reason must be marketing.

John Stones was shocking and really bad on the ball was driving me mad.

Anyway all the best!

What did you pay for Stone? remind me.

2 hours ago, McfcOK said:

Good game of football nothing dirty enjoyed it. All the best for the season.

Flint asked Pep where his Stone Island badge was hahaha he takes it off in official matches for some reason must be marketing.

John Stones was shocking and really bad on the ball was driving me mad.

Anyway all the best!

If Flint signed for Man City your centre back pairing could be (the) Flint-Stones.....just made me chuckle, that’s all!

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If Flint signed for Man City your centre back pairing could be (the) Flint-Stones.....just made me chuckle, that’s all!

Could even pick up Fred to play up top, and do a pre-season tour of Abu Dhabi doo!

I'll get my coat.

Wanted to give plaudits for your efforts not only last night but over the two games as a whole.   Showed a level of effort and determination that clubs like Ipswich can only envy.      Those two games reminded me of Stockport County a few years ago who reached the same stage and were expected to take a beating from their more illustrious opponents (Middlesbrough), who had a number of big name players in their side, but they kept their dignity and made a real game of it over the two legs.     Made the lower leagues proud and proved that bigger clubs don't have it all their own way.

Best advice is be proud and now focus on the League.    Made something for the fans that was able to last a while, personally I wanted City to do it but realised when the draw was made it was always going to be a tough ask.   In the end it was closer than many could have imagined.

Now put all your attention to the Championship and get the points required to gain a play-off place.   With all respect an automatic promotion would seem too far, and that's no disrespect, just understand how difficult this league is.      One last time your team can be proud of themselves over the course of the League Cup thus far, provided some memorable moments that future generations can learn about, but put any disappointments behind you and focus on perhaps a greater importance. 

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

As Oscar Wilde once said ,

" fish and guests stink after three days " 

Your user name is very apt .

Have you stood next to me in the Dolman?   All platitudes aside, it's just an opinion and one shared by many I've spoken about. He's nervous on the ball, his decision making isn't great.  He's often slow to react to a situation.  I've seen his long through used effectively once against Cardiff and that's about it.  He was directly responsible for not clearing the ball away last night and it's example of how he tends to play week in week out.

1 hour ago, Southend Blue said:

Wanted to give plaudits for your efforts not only last night but over the two games as a whole.   Showed a level of effort and determination that clubs like Ipswich can only envy.      Those two games reminded me of Stockport County a few years ago who reached the same stage and were expected to take a beating from their more illustrious opponents (Middlesbrough), who had a number of big name players in their side, but they kept their dignity and made a real game of it over the two legs.     Made the lower leagues proud and proved that bigger clubs don't have it all their own way.

Best advice is be proud and now focus on the League.    Made something for the fans that was able to last a while, personally I wanted City to do it but realised when the draw was made it was always going to be a tough ask.   In the end it was closer than many could have imagined.

Now put all your attention to the Championship and get the points required to gain a play-off place.   With all respect an automatic promotion would seem too far, and that's no disrespect, just understand how difficult this league is.      One last time your team can be proud of themselves over the course of the League Cup thus far, provided some memorable moments that future generations can learn about, but put any disappointments behind you and focus on perhaps a greater importance. 

Thanks for your kind words. You're right, auto promotion is probably out of reach. If we make the play offs though, you'd fancy this BCFC side to have the bottle to go all the way, unlike in previous eras.

Good luck to ITFC for the rest of the season.

34 minutes ago, fishy said:

Have you stood next to me in the Dolman?   All platitudes aside, it's just an opinion and one shared by many I've spoken about. He's nervous on the ball, his decision making isn't great.  He's often slow to react to a situation.  I've seen his long through used effectively once against Cardiff and that's about it.  He was directly responsible for not clearing the ball away last night and it's example of how he tends to play week in week out.

The word I have for Maggers is ' cumbersome ' .

He  looks to ungainly to be a left back but fits in well at centre back , IMHO .

I believe he is a confidence player and will get better with game time .

I don't like witch hunts for players that are doing their best for the club . 

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The word I have for Maggers is ' cumbersome ' .

He  looks to ungainly to be a left back but fits in well at centre back , IMHO .

I believe he is a confidence player and will get better with game time .

I don't like witch hunts for players that are doing their best for the club . 

Agree, specially with the confidence bit. Also , it's not that long ago that JB was being slated at LB. I thought that Mags and Bryan were just starting to look good as a left side. Still think Mags has a part to play, needs to cut these errors out quickly though.

19 hours ago, poland_exile said:

AMAZING STUFF!

BEATEN A STRING OF TOP FLIGHT TEAMS TO GET TO THE QUARTERS, THEN BEAT THE MOST FAMOUS CLUB IN THE WORLD TO GET TO THE SEMI. 

TO THEN GIVE THE RICHEST TEAM IN THE WORLD A RUN OVER TWO MATCHES. I HAVE NO WORDS. IT WAS GAME OVER FOR EVERYONE BUT THAT TEAM FOUGHT TILL THE DYING SECOND! 

(SORRY FOR SHOUTING) 

Dziękuję przyjaciel !

!

Archived