IGNORED

5 minutes of extra time?

Lrrr

Was anyone else confused as to how only 5 minutes were added on? I mean De Bruyne's goal made it irrelevant but 3 subs at 30 seconds each (generous for Walker's) - 1:30, 2 goals add an extra 30 seconds each 2:30, surely 30 seconds to a minute should have been added for each of the times the Man City fans played around with the ball? So at least 4 mins at this point if not more, then the injuries to Reid and Walker and I was expecting at least 7/8 minutes of extra time to be added, could have been a difference maker if we'd had more than just 1 min left or so after our goal if we had an extra 3/4 minutes. 

Thought most things referee wise went Man City’s way tbf. Nothing crazy but anything little they either got away with or was called against us. Stuff like Stones falling and handling the ball and nothing. Then ball bounces up on Bryan with his arms at his side and whistle goes. 

21 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thought most things referee wise went Man City’s way tbf. Nothing crazy but anything little they either got away with or was called against us. Stuff like Stones falling and handling the ball and nothing. Then ball bounces up on Bryan with his arms at his side and whistle goes. 

To be fair, Flint almost caught the ball in the first half and got away with it.

But in general Man City did seem to get the advantages.

Plus the blatant yellow card that wasn't given- ref played advantage, but didn't book the player at the next break in play, despite the offence being a cynical foul.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

To be fair, Flint almost caught the ball in the first half and got away with it.

But in general Man City did seem to get the advantages.

Plus the blatant yellow card that wasn't given- ref played advantage, but didn't book the player at the next break in play, despite the offence being a cynical foul.

Didn’t see the Flint one. Wasn’t a horrid ref just think he gave them the benefit of the doubt and did not for us. We were already well up against it and they didn’t need any extra advantages. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Didn’t see the Flint one. Wasn’t a horrid ref just think he gave them the benefit of the doubt and did not for us. We were already well up against it and they didn’t need any extra advantages. 

Flint on was first half, a deep cross, ball seemed to almost trap temporarily between his arm and the post.

Just now, paulcityfan said:

4 minutes would have been OK.  We would have drawn 2-2 and my £20 on a 2-2 draw would have netted 6 big ones

Ouch, if it makes you feel any worse their 3rd actually came after the allotted extra time even adding our goal :ph34r:

I think there is a stat somewhere that the ball is only in play for something like 65 minutes of the average game. So additional time is always understated based on that and should usually be about 10 minutes per half...

Walker was down long enough for me to decide he had been down a while, go to the toilet and come back and sit and wait a while for play to start. At least four minutes.

At the same time I expected 5 minutes to be added on. I think officials are reluctant to do more than 5 minutes unless there is an extremely serious injury.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Said that at the top, but if we had say 4 minutes left after flint's goal rather than less than a minute it may have been a bit different 

No, I agree with you. I think the problem is that piling loads of people forward to grab another goal – which we inevitably had to do – is suicide against a team of Man City's quality. Their third goal proved that.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Said that at the top, but if we had say 4 minutes left after flint's goal rather than less than a minute it may have been a bit different 

Agreed.

Said the same to my mate last night at the game...'if only it had been 5 mins earlier'. As it was we had no choice but to continue to push it all as we were so deep into stoppage time and the 3rd is no huge surprise in those circs...

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The end of the game seemed a bit surreal. I couldn't hear the whistle so, it looked like Manchester scored and all the players and the benches just went, "fair enough, we'll call it a day there". :) 

Someone as I was leaving suggested the goal was ruled out.

As the players left the pitch straight after it meant I left the game unsure of the result.

9 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Someone as I was leaving suggested the goal was ruled out.

As the players left the pitch straight after it meant I left the game unsure of the result.

Now you know what it's like to be a Dolman part-timer ;)

16 hours ago, hodge said:

Was anyone else confused as to how only 5 minutes were added on? I mean De Bruyne's goal made it irrelevant but 3 subs at 30 seconds each (generous for Walker's) - 1:30, 2 goals add an extra 30 seconds each 2:30, surely 30 seconds to a minute should have been added for each of the times the Man City fans played around with the ball? So at least 4 mins at this point if not more, then the injuries to Reid and Walker and I was expecting at least 7/8 minutes of extra time to be added, could have been a difference maker if we'd had more than just 1 min left or so after our goal if we had an extra 3/4 minutes. 

Too be fair it was that controversial crap ref that done the Arsenal v Chelsea game

Archived