IGNORED

EFL Cup DVD?

myol'man

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it would really - we got to a semi final and lost both legs (albeit with some credit). If we had won it would be a different story.

What I meant really is that DVD is gradually on the way out. A bit like CD a few years ago. The club like to do everything digitally and in fairness you can watch online on very high quality these days. 

I appreciate some prefer a physical copy - look at the resurgence of Vinyl records!

I still buy CDs & DVDs (although not regularly) purely because I want a hard copy to keep and look at (sleeve notes etc), plus my iMac died last year and I was lucky to be able to save the hard drive with all my photos/itunes on it. (Thanks to that PC shop on North Street!! :clap:)

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I get what you're saying, but I bet you'd still buy one anyway!  Who knows when, if ever, we will again reach a serious Semi-Final.

I definitely wouldn't!

53 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Many people can't watch online in 'high quality' ! If you have a 5h!t PC or crap laptop, or your broadband is rubbish you are screwed.

If tech is moving on, that doesn't really matter in that industry. 15 years ago many people couldn't watch Dvd's because they didn't have a player.. tech moves on forcing people to upgrade.

That's a more general example however; I appreciate why there might be more of a demand with our demographic of supporter.

22 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Why? I never think the additional cost is justified. I still buy the DVDs - and CDs.

Agree with CDs. Streaming and downloading is like buying a pint of beer to find it only a quarter full. Massively compressed and shit quality. 

CD is about 1400kbps. Best download about 380kbps.

Blu Ray is much better if you have a screen to exploit it. As is 4K if you have a very capable screen. 

My final thought of the day: Come on City, release a DVD/ Blu-ray, Video Tape, whatever the format, I want to be able to watch this cup run back in a couple of years, without having to dig up archive footage on the web.

I'm going to email the club to ask if they are considering such a release.  Shame if they don't.

27 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Agree with CDs. Streaming and downloading is like buying a pint of beer to find it only a quarter full. Massively compressed and shit quality. 

CD is about 1400kbps. Best download about 380kbps.

Blu Ray is much better if you have a screen to exploit it. As is 4K if you have a very capable screen. 

I agree Blu Ray is better and I do have an HD TV. However, I often watch the non HD channels and the quality difference doesn’t bother me much. Also have various old machines, some of which wouldn’t play Blu Ray, so DVD at lower cost is still the best option for me.

Archived