IGNORED

Wind up song fail.

Southport Red

15 hours ago, Cider red said:

I certainly don' think man city have ruined football. The money is ridiculous now; your keeping up with the times. At least you have used it to buy players for a system and play superb attacking footy, unlike Chelsea and United- who bore their opponents into submission. I'e seen some of your fans moaning after the other Night, you honestly are so good it's almost superhuman. Enjoy it while you can!

Don't get me wrong, we certainly wasted a lot of money on players like Santa Cruz, Jovetic, Adebayor, Robinho (tho to be fair, he was a statement signing to get the footballing world to notice 'the project').

But I think the signings of Silva and Yaya Toure at £24m, Aguero at £38m, Kompany and Zabba at £6.5m were unbelievable value.

Silva and a prime Yaya would cost a minimum of £75m these days, Aguero? Maybe no change from £100m, Kompany and Zabaleta at the top level probably worth £40-50m and £25m easily. Dzeko at £27m was money well spent too.

WE obviously had to spend huge amounts to break into the top 4, compete for titles and cups, and to make sure we stayed there.

Archived