IGNORED

Is that it now or are we still in for anyone else

Rick Daniels

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Djúric has more ability than I think we’ve seen as a result of carrying an injury since arrival (undiagnosed, or the extent of it at least).  More than just a traditional target man.

Hegeler is such a talented player, but it is about finding the right position in the right system.  I could see him playing the Pack role when we go 4141, and I’m of the opinion that he wouldn’t work as part of a 2 in a traditional 442.  I base that on the Fulham game...which is probably a bit unfair.

335A91D5-023D-42E1-BA39-17969F4CA7D8.thumb.jpeg.708f1a90952267d115a7b68bf7466608.jpeg

That Fulham side created overloads all over the pitch, but their 3 (plus their expansive full-backs) especially against our two, who chased shadows for much of the game.  He might work in a 442 vs another 442.

Can play the CB in a back 3, and wasn’t too shabby in those early games this season.

Underrated for that Fulham game and probably the Leeds game this season where he got injured.

Djuric I agree...he has more abiolity but constant injuries have scuppered what we've seen as you say.

Fulham just ran us off the park tbh, I think Hegeler in the event we play a midfield 3 would be excellent in that link between the defence and midfield. Say something like 4-3-3 with Hegeler just that bit deeper. Maybe to help see out a game or even a passing CB at AG with a team who sit very deep- think Burton at home for the latter where it might have helped- picture another excellent passing option at CB vs a side who sits really deep- would make some sense IMO!

Because that extra passing option from the centre back could have sped up the ball circulation just that bit quicker, and v such a sitting deep side like Burton, the risk would have been relatively low.

Offensively, Hegeler is superb. He can ghost past players easily and then pick a man out. Defensively, I’m not so sure about him. Is he any quicker than Pack? He’s a good squad player but a bit like Magnússon. We like him but there’s a little something lacking. Think he could definately do a job at right back as Wright has done. He did that earlier in the season. Probably ok as a defensive midfielder in front of a back 3/4. Great to see him get the ball and bring it forward into the opponents half. Pisano is supposed to be out until March so Wright can carry on at RB. O'Dowda, O,Neil and Djuric all due back any day. So no need for anyone else. That’s a good solid squad with plenty of cover. But we must give Walsh and Kent game time. They both look decent signings who will get better with more minutes on the pitch. A 3-0 win against QPRs would be good.

Hegeler is deceptively quick, he doesn’t particularly look quick, because he runs so elegantly.  There was an occasion last season where he played an awful square pass that got intercepted, and he got on his bike and covered the ground to get back into position to make a fantastic ‘last man’ tackle.

Definitely someone who when fit should be in the 18.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Hegeler is deceptively quick, he doesn’t particularly look quick, because he runs so elegantly.  There was an occasion last season where he played an awful square pass that got intercepted, and he got on his bike and covered the ground to get back into position to make a fantastic ‘last man’ tackle.

Definitely someone who when fit should be in the 18.

Hegeler had a good game in the cup earlier (think it was Stoke) but not sure he has anything like the engine the rest of our midfield have and the midfield system only really works if everyone closes down together - perhaps he would be the cover for Wright / Baker if / when Flint leaves?

Archived