IGNORED

An evening with Lee Trundle.Q and A

Never to the dark side

When City toured Portugal in 2008, I and a handful of fans took the opportunity to go and watch the games and soak up some sun. Prior to one match, Trundle saw me on the sideline and asked if I wanted my City shirt signed. I whipped it off and passed it to him, only to see him disappear back into the tunnel. He came out ten minutes later with the shirt signed by the entire squad. I'll never forget that, and I still have the shirt.

26 minutes ago, Jarman said:

Lee Trundle .... the guy whose contract led to Neath FC going bankrupt ... but at least he laughed all the way to the bank ... locals now support Afon Lido ... 

I don't know the ins and outs of this at all but surely if his contract was the cause of Neath going bankrupt that is the fault of whoever is in charge of transfers/contracts not Trundle.

7 hours ago, WestMidsRed said:

I'm curious, how did Lee Trundle fare for us? I never got to see him play for Bristol City but his record looked pretty decent.

Moments of brilliance but was probably misused by Johnson. Trundle came from Swansea where he was the main man, coming here he was very much part of a ‘team’ with less focus on individuals.

I believe he was around 30 when he joined and could’ve probably done with him signing 4 years earlier to really get the best out of him.

Some of the goals he did score were sublime, especially the Palace one. It was absolutely criminal that Johnson would do things like play him on the left - a brilliant talent and still remains one of my most enjoyable players to watch here.

Archived