IGNORED

Lee Johnson Shocks Mourinho

Port Said Red

32 minutes ago, hodge said:

Man Utd fans chanting about going to Wembley, I'd wait till they've beaten championship opposition if I were them ;)

Now that we're out the only team they have to worry about are their neighbours.

Good job we played the kids against Watford, the excitement of 2 cup runs and promotion would have killed me.

18 minutes ago, Olé said:

Got a Man Utd fan here in the pub (doesn't sound Manc) literally clapping everything Man Utd do and shrieking if they cross the ball. It's so utterly cringeworthy.

I often forget the thing about armchair fans that is most irritating besides the obvious, is their desire to be SEEN to be Man Utd fans, with absolutely no understanding of football and no sense of the shame they should have for situations like this - just pure unbridled "hey everyone I'm an incredibly successful Man Utd fan".

If this result stays the same it doesn't half take some shine off December.

I bet he`s drinking Dark Fruits as well.

15 minutes ago, Swede said:

Even when we're not playing we get good media coverage!

I would've liked to have seen Jose's face when he bumped into LJ in the corridor "not you again"

LJ's a very good ambassador, they even mentioned a nice bottle of wine!

I've got this image of LJ putting his arm in the way and saying "Hey, Mr. Special or whatever it is. What's wrong with my wine, * ucker?

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Got a Man Utd fan here in the pub (doesn't sound Manc) literally clapping everything Man Utd do and shrieking if they cross the ball. It's so utterly cringeworthy.

I often forget the thing about armchair fans that is most irritating besides the obvious, is their desire to be SEEN to be Man Utd fans, with absolutely no understanding of football and no sense of the shame they should have for situations like this - just pure unbridled "hey everyone I'm an incredibly successful Man Utd fan".

How poor must your self-esteem be if all you have is reflected glory.

1 minute ago, RED4LIFE said:

How poor must your self-esteem be if all you have is reflected glory.

It's really sad. In everything else you are (hopefully) taught by your parents that you earn success. I can't figure out the armchair pub fan at all.

Would love to know the stats on >UK< entrepreneurs buying into clubs they have no affinity with. Apart from lots of Chinese and other Asian money, to my knowledge we have a self made Huddersfield businessman who owns Huddersfield and a self made Bristol businessman who owns us. Anyone else? Both of them have no insecurity with their self esteem.

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

It's really sad. In everything else you are (hopefully) taught by your parents that you earn success. I can't figure out the armchair pub fan at all.

Would love to know the stats on >UK< entrepreneurs buying into clubs they have no affinity with. Apart from lots of Chinese and other Asian money, to my knowledge we have a self made Huddersfield businessman who owns Huddersfield and a self made Bristol businessman who owns us. Anyone else? Both of them have no insecurity with their self esteem.

Yeah, it baffles me.

Maybe Tony Bloom at Brighton?

The thing is these armchair supporters will never know what it's like to be down on your arse as you are battling relegation in the lower leagues. Those bad times make the good times so much sweeter.

For example, there was a Man U fan on the radio the other day moaning at how terrible last season was. Ffs, they won the UEFA cup. Can you imagine the scenes if City won that? It would last most of us a lifetime if we did that.

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

Mel Morris at Derby, Steve Gibson at Boro

2 hours ago, Olé said:

You’re right. It’s a different thing for those types of people. “Hey pub I’m a Man Utd fan and I know all the players names and some champions league history”

5 hours ago, fairweather said:

You’re right. It’s a different thing for those types of people. “Hey pub I’m a Man Utd fan and I know all the players names and some champions league history”

And the absolute worst of it is that they can`t see a problem with it and think it`s something to be prowed of.

Archived