IGNORED

Matt Smith was awful

Marina's Rolls Royce

15 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

There I've said it again.

I  was crapping myself when he came on- imagine my devastation if he'd scored an equaliser or , worse still, the winner. But he didn't  and fell over himself with the goal at his mercy ....because he's awful .

Now can we please move on?

We Have :whistle:

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was interesting that LJ said Bailey went on Smith because Flinty was getting a bit bullied by him.

Was it perhaps because Aden didn`t feel right whacking a mate whilst Bailey had no such concerns not having played with him?

Pretty unusual to come up against like for like for Flint . Maybe a different approach works better. I did hear they both came up through non league 

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It was interesting that LJ said Bailey went on Smith because Flinty was getting a bit bullied by him.

Was it perhaps because Aden didn`t feel right whacking a mate whilst Bailey had no such concerns not having played with him?

Did LJ say that?  That was exactly my view too.  Flint - despite being a big old unit, is not an aggressive CB.  He is strong, but he doesn’t always play well against those that give him a bit back...Che Adams last season for example.

Wright is an ox, he’ll do whatever he can to get his body in the way it put off the attacker, Flint likes to win things cleanly.

7 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

And is really poor with step overs going nowhere, 4/5 corners going to the opposition, the slowest player on the pitch (even Marlon is faster) whereas Matt S will always win headers.

Both were helpful in their time ( Fluke was good for half of his appearances for us) but hard to see how either would get into our 2nd 11 right now

Most hoops I spoke to say they like MS as a bloke, Fluke was good early on compared to rubbish around him and Holloway must go. Can't disagree with that either.

WHAT.........

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not that relevant in a theoretical direct comparison of ability with Matt Smith

So it's theoretical is it,  we have to accept your findings that Matt Smith is not as good as our long term injured striker, based on what a gut feeling ? 

Matt Smith is every inch a hero as far as I am concerned, and would have continued to do a great job for us.

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

So it's theoretical is it,  we have to accept your findings that Matt Smith is not as good as our long term injured striker, based on what a gut feeling ? 

Matt Smith is every inch a hero as far as I am concerned, and would have continued to do a great job for us, and as far as considering Duric is a better striker..based on what ?  

It’s not a requirement of being a forum member that you constantly have to be argumentative for the sake of it.

It’s obviously my opinion that Djuric is superior to Smith - it’s not necessary to write ‘in my opinion’ before making a statement either because it goes without saying.

It’s not a requirement of being a forum member that you constantly have to be argumentative for the sake of it.

It’s obviously my opinion that Djuric is superior to Smith - it’s not necessary to write ‘in my opinion’ before making a statement either because it goes without saying.

Since when in having an opinion that doesn't always align with yours deemed argumentative? 

You offered an opinion the Djuric is better than Smith, based on what, can't be game time can it?

7 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Since when in having an opinion that doesn't always align with yours deemed argumentative? 

It's not, but a great deal of your posts are clearly attempting to pick fights with people for some reason. Even over trivial things like Fifa video games.

7 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You offered an opinion the Djuric is better than Smith, based on what, can't be game time can it?

Based on what I've seen in both players. I've seen enough of Djuric to form an opinion that he is a superior player to Matt Smith.

It's not, but a great deal of your posts are clearly attempting to pick fights with people for some reason. Even over trivial things like Fifa video games.

Based on what I've seen in both players. I've seen enough of Djuric to form an opinion that he is a superior player to Matt Smith.

Agree.  Smith is underrated.  He’s the type of player who can be effective with the right service.  Think Milan has better awareness and touch, and when fit is more mobile.  We’ve seen the odd flash from Milan that says to me we have a player here who will compliment our other strikers. 

Perhaps I should have added an emoji after my OP just to clarify it was all a bit of fun?

OK - so MS is "every inch a hero"? - he actually scored 7 league goals in 14 league appearances - great for a loan player at L1 level but I think there's a degree of rose tinted specs in an amazing  season where Agard's contribution ( in comparison) seems to be largely forgotten. He went back  to the Championship and has scored 7 in 50 league games for Fulham and 8 in 38 for QPR. I wouldn't swap him for any of the 3 strikers on show for BCFC yesterday nor for Djuric. I thought he looked very average and cumbersome ( not awful) but fitted in very well with most of Holloway's mediocre and uninspiring team.

8 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Perhaps I should have added an emoji after my OP just to clarify it was all a bit of fun?

OK - so MS is "every inch a hero"? - he actually scored 7 league goals in 14 league appearances - great for a loan player at L1 level but I think there's a degree of rose tinted specs in an amazing  season where Agard's contribution ( in comparison) seems to be largely forgotten. He went back  to the Championship and has scored 7 in 50 league games for Fulham and 8 in 38 for QPR. I wouldn't swap him for any of the 3 strikers on show for BCFC yesterday nor for Djuric. I thought he looked very average and cumbersome ( not awful) but fitted in very well with most of Holloway's mediocre and uninspiring team.

When did Agard return to the Gate as an oppo player? I seem to have missed this. IF he does,, I hope he gets the reception he deserves. A good one, like MS

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Why are you talking video games, I thought this was about the awful Matt Smith and Djuric being a better player despite him playing just a handful of games. 

Do you need to strengthen your hand perhaps?

Either way it really is nonsense to make that assumption, unless of course you need to quote me the FIFA stats on both players, I mean that's where many get the players merits on isn't it. Thing is you really cant say a player is better than another especially if they have a similar amount of ability, there are many other factors to weigh up as to how they might blend in to a team. Otherwise we might just as well pick players on Top Trumps or FIFA ratings...

You might ? :yes:

31 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You summed it up with your last sentence....MS I in our current squad would I feel be a very good striker, this lad has a lot going for him, however his body language was poor yesterday, unlike when he was here, wasting his time / career with QPR.

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

You summed it up with your last sentence....MS I in our current squad would I feel be a very good striker, this lad has a lot going for him, however his body language was poor yesterday, unlike when he was here, wasting his time / career with QPR.

EVERYONE at QPR right now has a bad body language. Holloway's days are numbered

Archived