IGNORED

World Class Finish

The Constant Rabbit

Just spent far too long watching the replays of Fammys goal.

That was one of the best headed goals I have ever seen in my 45 yrs of watching Football.

It took 1.3 secs to leave Kents boot and get to fam - in that time he physically moved 3 ft to his left, tilted his head angle 45 degrees, and made a 100% pure angled contact.

Less than 1 sec later back of the net!

What reflexes and skill to achieve that, and probably still only 85 - 90% fit.

Genuinely a world class goal.

Looking a bargain for what we paid - if he keeps going like this, then we will have quite some player!

Terrific scouting again from France.

25 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't disagree re the technique but why oh why do no side ever put players on both posts at set plays? We don't ourselves but the first goal was totally avoidable if there was a player on the back post.

Why has it changed as it seems basic to me? :dunno:

Would’ve still been some effort for a player on the back stick to stop that. Didn’t go in particularly close to the post. 

45 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I don't disagree re the technique but why oh why do no side ever put players on both posts at set plays? We don't ourselves but the first goal was totally avoidable if there was a player on the back post.

Totally agree! Said exactly the same to my mate at the match.....although what Nigel Worthington was doing here in the infamous ‘Fergie time’ game God only knows....have a peek from 3 mins.....he ruined the art of standing on a post for me!

1 hour ago, SX227 said:

Just spent far too long watching the replays of Fammys goal.

That was one of the best headed goals I have ever seen in my 45 yrs of watching Football.

It took 1.3 secs to leave Kents boot and get to fam - in that time he physically moved 3 ft to his left, tilted his head angle 45 degrees, and made a 100% pure angled contact.

Less than 1 sec later back of the net!

What reflexes and skill to achieve that, and probably still only 85 - 90% fit.

Genuinely a world class goal.

Looking a bargain for what we paid - if he keeps going like this, then we will have quite some player!

Terrific scouting again from France.

Great header by Fammy. Not a patch on Glyn's at Wembley mind..

5 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Without meaning to sound patronising every side will look at data and seen where the majority of goals come from at set plays, A while back I read something  about this and basically it was a waste of a player for a huge majority of the time to have someone on both posts. 

I don’t think this is the article so I will try and find it but cut a long story short only 3% of corners lead to a goal and teams are using opponents corners to set up attack’s - the game has changed very much over the last 10 years 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/mar/27/in-defence-of-the-corner-a-much-maligned-set-piece

1 hour ago, Super said:

At first i thought it was a poor corner! Great header though not sure it is the best i have ever seen!

You must be too young to have seen John Galley power a header into the top corner from 18 yards then.:thumbsup:

Seriously though, it was a great example of what is a rare skill these days.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Totally agree! Said exactly the same to my mate at the match.....although what Nigel Worthington was doing here in the infamous ‘Fergie time’ game God only knows....have a peek from 3 mins.....he ruined the art of standing on a post for me!

This one too.....8:00 minutes in.

Archived